What breed of cat does my rescued feral most resemble?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What a beautiful cat :rbheart:

He is a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. ;)
As for breed he most resembles I can't think of one he closely resembles but if I had to pick one I would say bengal. I think it's his tall ears that remind me of one. :D

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
He's gorgeous, and looks way too at home to be truly feral.

I agree with GemsGem about the description.

Is he actually living with you, or is he a foster?  If he's yours, it would be great to hear how he's getting on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gabslabs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your replies:)
Ripple was a tiny, malnourished stray feral kitten that was hanging around our secondhand shop. I started feeding her although at that stage I didn't know what sex she was as I couldn't get near her. It took months but finally she trusted me enough to stay near by when I put her food down. I  put  wormer in her food and she began to put on weight. Eventually she let me touch her but by now she was pregnant. One day she did not appear for her breakfast and I assumed she had gone somewhere to have her kittens. Two days later she reappeared so after she'd eaten I followed her to an old shed down the road where her kittens were hidden on a shelf. I managed to put her in a cage along with her kittens and took them home to our house. Her four kittens were stunning with virtually identical markings. There is a photo of two of them entered in the March kitten thread. Thankfully the kittens found wonderful homes including one with my son and daughter-in-law. We had Ripple spayed and she is now a much loved member of our family along with our three other rescued cats, 3 Labradors and 2 Budgies, I have been told Ripple looks like she has Lynx in her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
, I have been told Ripple looks like she has Lynx in her.
Lynx?  with that beautiful handsome tail?  Noo.  Although there IS something wild alook about her.  either no common wildcat

I suppose bengal is as good a comparison as anything else.  After all, bengals are too descendants after wild cats of asia...

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh she's a female - sorry Ripple you are a beautiful girl ;)

I don't see any lynx in her - no huge ear tips, bob tail and wrong tabby pattern. But is is one stunning looking cat who's certainly found a loving family home now with you :rbheart: