What breed of cat do you think she is?

What type of breed do you think our cat is?

• Total voters

Kaitlinchristel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, and also new to owing a cat. We recently adopted Nola from a shelter. She was rescued from the streets, and we absolutely love her!

one thing we never were able to find out, is what type of breed is she? People think she is a mix of a Russian blue and a Chartreux, but hoping you all have some insight as to what breed she may be! Any insight would be great! :) thanks

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nola is a beautiful kitty! I would describe her as a blue domestic shorthair. She doesn't have a strong resemblance to any of those breeds you mentioned. Blue is a color, not a breed, and is actually fairly common in the domestic cat population. Most cats aren't any particular breed, so we call them domestic shorthair or longhair based on their coat length. Domestic shorthairs are wonderful cats, and Nola is obviously a lovely girl with her own special look!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaitlinchristel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nola is a beautiful kitty! I would describe her as a blue domestic shorthair. She doesn't have a strong resemblance to any of those breeds you mentioned. Blue is a color, not a breed, and is actually fairly common in the domestic cat population. Most cats aren't any particular breed, so we call them domestic shorthair or longhair based on their coat length. Domestic shorthairs are wonderful cats, and Nola is obviously a lovely girl with her own special look!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! I hadn’t thought about a blue domestic shorthair but I think you might be right! Was curious as we are not familiar with cat breeds at all. Thanks so much for the compliment on her too, she is so wonderful, and we love her!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with domestic. Also, there is no big point with deciding she is a mix of russian and chartreux, as one breed is unusual and the other is rare, at least in USA...

But if you wish to press her into a look alike to some established breed, so probably british blue - or even the chartreux you mentioned.
On a couple of pics she has broad rounded face, reminding of these breeds.