What breed my cat resembles? And what would be the kittens fur outcomes?

LuCristeli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
This is my cat Dalila, she is 5 years old and was rescued from the streets with 2 months old. I did a planned crossing with a Bengal cat ( pic above). My question is what breed she resembles and what kind of fur pattern she have.
And what will be the possible outcome for the 4 kittens she is waiting.

Attachments

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Far more important than patterns, what health tests were done on both cats?
If she’s only just been mated there’s still time to spay her asap.
She looks rather unhealthy by her coat texture and her jaw set looks off. Plus being a rescue she should not be bred from at all.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you asking for a new litter of the momma? The new kittens will be the copies of the child already born. Shorthair with bengal spots but mommas persian influenced face.

Or for the dau? Was she mated with her father? If so, they will be decent bengal alikes them too, the face will be somewhat less persian influenced than grandma and momma.

My recommendation is you abandon the experiments. And spay neuter them all.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LuCristeli LuCristeli
She is an interesting looking cat. Where did you rescue her from the streets - What country? She looks almost part Pallas's cat.
To have long hair both parents must carry the gene for it, to my understanding.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd recommend spaying her. There's no reason to breed part bengals. If you wanna breed get a purebred Bengal from a registered breeder and ensure both cats are HCM tested. The kittens would all be shorthair unless the very rare chance dad is a LH carrier but its rare. Mom is a classic tabby so you might get classics not spotted like your hoping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LuCristeli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Far more important than patterns, what health tests were done on both cats?
If she’s only just been mated there’s still time to spay her asap.
She looks rather unhealthy by her coat texture and her jaw set looks off. Plus being a rescue she should not be bred from at all.
I did Fiv and Felv tests and she is ok, the Tom is clean also. The Dalila jaw is fine. She is healthy.

LuCristeli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you asking for a new litter of the momma? The new kittens will be the copies of the child already born. Shorthair with bengal spots but mommas persian influenced face.

Or for the dau? Was she mated with her father? If so, they will be decent bengal alikes them too, the face will be somewhat less persian influenced than grandma and momma.

My recommendation is you abandon the experiments. And spay neuter them all.
The kitten born and you got the prediction right. She was waiting 4 kittens , only one survive. She have some fur pattern from the father and the momma face. Here is the pic of the kitten, named Lucille, the name was inspired by Lucille Ball from the serie 'I love Lucy'.
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-26 at 18.10.45.jpeg

LuCristeli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LuCristeli LuCristeli
She is an interesting looking cat. Where did you rescue her from the streets - What country? She looks almost part Pallas's cat.
To have long hair both parents must carry the gene for it, to my understanding.
She was rescued from Brazil, North of the state of Minas Gerais. The kitten she had have short hair.
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-10 at 22.12.24.jpeg

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww she's adorable, maybe has a leg issue? Her one leg looks strange. I do hope you spay momma though so no more lost kittens.

LuCristeli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww she's adorable, maybe has a leg issue? Her one leg looks strange. I do hope you spay momma though so no more lost kittens.
You guessed right , the mother dropped her off a counter a month ago, she had a dislocation in her paw, i am currently treating this in a university hospital.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Very cute! Both are beautiful and look happy.

I don’t know where you are located. Here in the US we have such a homeless cat population that there are over 100million unwanted cats here. 2.7 million pets are euthanized in a year. That’s the ones that are counted. There are countless more that die outside and aren’t counted. That is probably why so many people on here want you to spay your cat. I just wanted to explain that.

I do think they are both very cute. I would be concerned if only one kitten survived. You should have the female spayed and not breed again because you might lose the entire litter and the mother next time. Getting her spayed is important because she can develop a pyrometra. And that is life threatening.

LuCristeli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very cute! Both are beautiful and look happy.

I don’t know where you are located. Here in the US we have such a homeless cat population that there are over 100million unwanted cats here. 2.7 million pets are euthanized in a year. That’s the ones that are counted. There are countless more that die outside and aren’t counted. That is probably why so many people on here want you to spay your cat. I just wanted to explain that.

I do think they are both very cute. I would be concerned if only one kitten survived. You should have the female spayed and not breed again because you might lose the entire litter and the mother next time. Getting her spayed is important because she can develop a pyrometra. And that is life threatening.
I'm located in Brazil. We have a big population of homelles cats also, but the mother Dalila is a part of the family and I wanted her to experience the maternity. She got more social after the litter. I see as a plus for her life. Our vet explained that first litters its common to happen some stillborns not survive. The tom is from a trustfull friend with a healthy bengal.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kitten born and you got the prediction right. She was waiting 4 kittens , only one survive. She have some fur pattern from the father and the momma face. Here is the pic of the kitten, named Lucille, the name was inspired by Lucille Ball from the serie 'I love Lucy'.View attachment 416047
Tx for telling! Re Lucille Ball. She wasnt not "just" an actress. During a period she was leading a movie production company (one of the very few owned by women). And she did encourated and sponsored several later well known series, for example, Star Trek... In other words; if not Lucille Ball and her work, Star Trek wouldnt be. At best a pilot...