What breed might my kitten be?

jeso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I just got this little guy from somebody yesterday. I was wondering what kind of breed might this be, or what mixture of breeds, Cause I 've got no clue at all.

Thanks in advance :p

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is surely a domestic, a very sweet and even pretty one.

He is a bi-color, this red tabby and white.  That pattern will prob be called for Saddle - possibly a tuxedo.

The tabby pattern seems to be spotted!  Not unique, but not that usual either.   Look on his sides, if there ARE spots, so there are spots.

Thus; domestic, red spotted tabby and white,   or,

domestic shorthair,  red spotted tabby tuxedo.     I think.   :)

He seems pretty young, about 6 weeks, I think.   So be sure you are very mammy to him!   Do kitten-safe also as much as he can.  So he can be adventurous and discover the world, but withouth taking unnecessary, stupid risks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Stefan, thanks for the reply! 

He is actually 10 weeks old, according to the previews owner.  Do you guys think he might be a little too skinny?  he is 1.8 lbs, according to the vet, who examined my kitten 2 days ago.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, prob a little skinny. They usually are at least 2 lbs at that age.     I myself suspect the previous owner "rounded up" the numbers of weeks.   As said.   As he and you knew they arent supposed to be adopted out that early as 6w. even 8 is questionable.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I am in love with this kitten. The pictures of him are just too cute. I love the one where his head is pressed up against the box.