What breed Kiwi is?

victoria1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm also new and registered to find out the breed of our Kiwi. She is 3 yrs old and all we know is that she is Persian mix (have no idea what she was mixed with...) Lovely cat, looking to get another one of that particular breed if only we knew the name. Kiwi is really a tiny cat of about 2 kg, extremely smart and playful.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

victoria1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Despite her age (Kiwi is pushing to 3 yrs), Kiwi is an extremely tiny cat of only 1.9-2 kg with well proportional body. The only thing is her tail - it's really thick on its base, but quite short (doesn't reach the ground when she is walking). In general her tail reminds me of a carrot. Kiwi also has some point coloration on her face which makes me think she can be Himalayan cross..Kiwi doesn't have any eyes discharge which is so typical for Persians, her coat is long but somehow curly/wavy. She is really smart and witty.

We adore the kitty and looking to get a friend for her, of that particular breed, if only we knew the name.

Please share ur ideas with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

olliewalrus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her head looks a little brachycephalic  (and not to mention the short fat Persian tail) so part Persian for sure. She's adorable!

victoria1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her head looks a little brachycephalic  (and not to mention the short fat Persian tail) so part Persian for sure. She's adorable!
Ohh she is one of the kind. We do know for sure that she is a Persian mix, but what she was mixed with... She is the tiniest cat I have seen in my existence - like a Teddy Bear!

victoria1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We live in Dubai, where they cross breed cats the way you won't believe. She has a Persian tail, probably a Himalayan face, but her size and body - that's a mystery..

bella 2710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's very cute!
Maybe she is small because she was the runt of the litter?
People call it teacup in size, usually means last and littlest.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The colors is tortoise-shell, tortie,  probably diluted, ie not red and black, but creme and blue.

WHAT she is mixed up with is impossible to say, but it was "something hairy!   :)   as the longhair gene is recessive.  It must be doubled up to show on the individual.

victoria1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's very cute!
Maybe she is small because she was the runt of the litter?
People call it teacup in size, usually means last and littlest.
We took her to 7 different vet clinics over here, for dwarfism and pre-natal syndrome; both negative. She is extremely proportional for her size as well as in perfect health. So we tend to think she was descended from multiple breeds. But the result is gorgeous, such cuteness

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK, I'm almost out of time for the night, but tomorrow I'll get on the CFA and the TICA pages and take a look.  I know that there is one breed of cat that is normally proportioned, but very small.  Pretty sure CFA has to have it on their recognized breed list...wait...hang on a second...I'm thinking of the Singapura, but really, I think you may just have a teacup kitteh.  Born to a normal mom, no dwarfism, just a real little cat.  One of my neighbors' cat had kittens, and two of them were so tiny.  She kept them both, and they weighed in at just under 4 pounds full grown.  It happens.

victoria1985

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That would be nice of you. I would love to know what she could be mixed up with. So far her passport says "Unknown Persian mix" ))) we have no clues about her background because she used to be a stray cat in our community until I rescued her. Unfortunately the photos do not depict her actual size, but she can easily fit into a jacket pocket. Our neighbors have a 6 months pure Persian kitten which looks ginormous compared to Kiwi

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That would be nice of you. I would love to know what she could be mixed up with. So far her passport says "Unknown Persian mix" ))) we have no clues about her background because she used to be a stray cat in our community until I rescued her. Unfortunately the photos do not depict her actual size, but she can easily fit into a jacket pocket. Our neighbors have a 6 months pure Persian kitten which looks ginormous compared to Kiwi
Went there, did that.  Singapura is the breed I'm thinking of.  I'm not overly fond of the Munchkins and the offshoots of them.  Seems sad to breed for a deformity, but the Sinapuras are just a small breed of cat with totally normal proportions.  But best best is that she's just a teacup kitty, and could be Persian mixed with anything at all.