What Breed Is This Kitty Cat?

liukimmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, I am so happy to share with you that I am going to adopt this kitty cat, well actually an adult cat, on Saturday. The owner says this is a boy adult cat weights about 9lbs. Would you be able to tell me what breed this kitty cat is approximately, would 9lbs be overweight for him? Thanks!
IMG-6192.JPG
IMG-6191.JPG

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is domestic shorthair (most cats ARE domestics). Tabby with white. You can surely say a tabby tuxedo if you want.

Exact what tabby we need a good photo of his body from the side.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In terms of weight, cats can vary a lot in terms of appropriate weight - a small cat can weigh 7lbs and be healthy, and some large breeds such as Maine Coons can be 20+ lbs without being overweight - so there is a massive difference between individuals.

Probably better to look up a cat weight chart, showing images of what an ideal weight cats waist should look like, rather than asking about how many lbs is ok!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a body condition chart that may help with the weight aspect...

But breed is domestic shorthair like StefanZ StefanZ mentioned.
Thank you so much for finding one, I wanted to but since my lovely little boy got anorexic and lost a load of weight within 2 days (before having an e-tube fitted) I have found it upsetting googling for a weight chart to link. Sounds pathetic, but it's upsetting caring for a cat that isn't eating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liukimmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got the cat yesterday, although he awarded me with couple scratches and a bite, still i am happy that we are building up our bond :)