What Breed Is This Guy?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s so cute! I would describe him as a blue and white Domestic Shorthair, with ghost mackerel tabby markings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hyde79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Somebody told me he might have munchkin. Could this be possible since he has short legs?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suppose so. But more probable some inbreeding as common with barn cats or hoarding cat.

If he is sweet nice and you want him - do it please, but dont expect he is almost purebred...

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe him as a blue mackerel tabby and white domestic shorthair. I'm not personally seeing any influence of any specific breeds. Most cats are not any particular breed.

His legs are not short enough for him to be a short-legged Munchkin. I think they just look short because his belly is a bit tubby. If he lost some weight he would have normal proportions for a domestic cat.

abyeb abyeb , I think you are seeing him as a solid blue because because it is a somewhat unclear picture, he is a dark tabby, and his white markings are covering up most of the lighter areas in his tabby pattern. However, an adult cat will not normally have prominent ghost markings. You also can tell from looking at his nose that he is a tabby cat (the nose leather is lighter in the middle and outlined with a darker color). You can also see the beige ground color on his whisker pads and on the front of his rear hind leg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hyde79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a strange cat. But I love him. It’s funny that it was mentioned that he’s tubby cause his name is Stubby.