What breed is this gorgeous cat?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's kind of a British Shorthair lookalike, whether it's related to that breed or not.
Without a known ancestry the kitty is considered a Domestic Shorthair (DSH).
What is his/her name?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with GoldyCat.

He is a very much British Shorthair look alike, quite possible he is the real thing... Possibly somewhat fatty. Do you have any background on him, a history?

Ps. I believe in Japan they have too this type of cat, although they arent BS.
If these cats are for real, or just as figures, Im not entirely sure. They see them as a sort of lucky charm.

Lets ask Norachan Norachan whom knows the world of Japan much better than I do.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The only Japanese breed I know of is the Japanese Bob Tail. They're registered as a breed, even though most of the feral cats around here look almost exactly the same as the expensive pedigree ones.

Or maybe you mean Maneki Neko? Not a real cat, but a beckoning cat figure that is supposed to bring good luck?

1709511798173.png

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The only Japanese breed I know of is the Japanese Bob Tail. They're registered as a breed, even though most of the feral cats around here look almost exactly the same as the expensive pedigree ones.

Or maybe you mean Maneki Neko? Not a real cat, but a beckoning cat figure that is supposed to bring good luck?

View attachment 471783
Yes, I must have been thinking on Maneki Neko... So its just a figure, no real breed?

But Natashas cat seems to be a fairly good living representation of a Maneki Neko. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I must have been thinking on Maneki Neko... So its just a figure, no real breed?

But Natashas cat seems to be a fairly good living representation of a Maneki Neko. :)
Yes, it's just a figure. But I agree, the cat in the picture looks just like a Maneki Neko