What breed is this cat

Farouh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This sweet guy arrived yesterday and wouldn't leave. Made himself at home. He's obviously abandoned. SO FRIENDLY he broke my heart. He's also very trusting :( I've never seen such eyes before. Ears and tail are black. Also one patch on his back
IMG_20211108_092331.jpg
IMG_20211108_121956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The breed is surely domestic shorthair.

The pattern is tabby and white, in the van pattern. (its a pattern of high white; what tabbe he is, isnt visible, unless its visible on this patch on his back).

BUT. With his green-bluish eyes, its not impossible he is really a point. But being that much white, the white covers up almost everything...

so, a not impossible alternative is, he is a seal lynx point and white, in the van pattern...

The only way to know for sure is to make a genetic test. This done by U Davis is said to be the most reliable. Its not even very costly.
This doesnt matter here for any practical reasons, but if you want to know, its possible to do.

Im glad the life of both of you got enrichened. :)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seems we can rule out ticked tabby for the most part. The tabby spots on his tail and head seem to have a tabby pattern of some type. Ticked tabbies don't have a well-developed pattern.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a gorgeous dsh, look at those eyes😻 Thanks for saving him❤ I would call him a van pattern tabby and his eyes look more green to me, maybe pointed but his paws have almost no color so I am thinking just the van pattern bicolor.