What Breed Is She?

grcoburn21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my sister boyfriend found a stray last year plus a couple of months, that was white with three black markings on her forehead, and her fur was short like a tabby, we think she is a Siamese but I am not so sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grcoburn21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my sister boyfriend found a stray last year plus a couple of months, that was white with three black markings on her forehead, and though are the only markings that we have found and her fur is short like a tabby in spring time, we think she is a Siamese but I am not so sure.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty! Do you have any more pictures of the top of her head so that we can see the markings more clearly?

My guess is that she is probably a solid white cat. Solid white cats can have faint gray or black markings on the forehead like that, which gradually fade over time. So, I would describe her as a white domestic shorthair. (Most cats are not any particular breed, so we describe them as domestic shorthairs or longhairs.)

If the markings on her head never fade, it's possible that she might be a gray and white (or silver and white) cat with lots and lots of white spotting, but in your picture the head spot looks very typical for a young solid white cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grcoburn21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very pretty! Do you have any more pictures of the top of her head so that we can see the markings more clearly?

My guess is that she is probably a solid white cat. Solid white cats can have faint gray or black markings on the forehead like that, which gradually fade over time. So, I would describe her as a white domestic shorthair. (Most cats are not any particular breed, so we describe them as domestic shorthairs or longhairs.)

If the markings on her head never fade, it's possible that she might be a gray and white (or silver and white) cat with lots and lots of white spotting, but in your picture the head spot looks very typical for a young solid white cat.

I though she could be an domestic shorthair, but I just wanted to be sure because most of them don't seem to be all white or the ones that are all white aren't label as domestic shorthair , thanks and ill see if I can get a better picture later.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Solid white is a dominant trait, and is fairly widespread in the domestic cat gene pool; somewhere between 2-5% of all cats in the US are solid white, and in some countries the frequency of the gene is higher.