• Siamese ragdoll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not to be harsh but your quiz is asking the same thing three times.

1. A Ragdoll is a specific large breed long hair pointed cat.
  2. A Tortie Ragdoll would still be a Ragdoll, the tortie being a color of the coat.
  3. A Siamese Ragdoll, you could mean a mix of siamese and ragdoll so a cross breed. Siamese is a distinct breed that the pointed coloring originates from but it is from so far back at this point a cat that expresses pointed coloring is not necessarily enough siamese to really be considered a Siamese anymore. If you mean the coloring of being dark on the face, paws and tail, that is called pointed. As stated above it originated from the Siamese breed but is now distinctive to several breeds and can be found liberally in the general cat population.
Unless you have pedigree papers from a breeder she is a rather lovely domestic long hair cat. Her coloring is either calico or tortoiseshell; I actually lean more towards calico because of the amount of white but as her colors develop you will know more accurately. If you weren't aware, pointed cats continue to darken with age and environmental factors so her non-white areas (true white that is) will stay white and the black and red will darken until you can tell better. When she gets older you will also be able to repost and find out if she has developed into a lookalike of a Ragdoll but in the cat world you aren't it without the paperwork so she wouldn't be a Ragdoll just from appearance.

The thing about cat breeds is they are a newer human hobby. The Ragdoll breed for example is less than 55 years old. That is not nearly enough time for the breed to be as widespread and found in feral, stray and shelter populations to the levels people will claim. What is more likely is that when people see a long hair pointed cat they assume it is a ragdoll, label it as such and everyone accepts it. Even though that specific cat might be from a 50 generation line of street cats where two carriers of the long hair and pointed gene happened to cross paths. This doesn't take away from your cat or make her any less special. I myself have two Snowshoe lookalikes with no documented breed relation that I love dearly.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s very pretty! Do you have papers on her? That would be the only way to know for sure if she’s a Ragdoll. She does resemble a tortie point Ragdoll, but unless you have a pedigree from a breeder, she would technically be considered a tortie point Domestic Longhair.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A decent ragdoll look alike, domestic tortie seal point longhair. (possibly mediumhair)