what breed is she :-)

mickeymoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm new to this site and i was hoping you'd be able to help me. I've recently rescued a female puss who was found at my parents farm. She was covered in fleas, filthy dirty, burs all over her and was skin and bones. The vet says she is about 6 to 8 weeks old, but weighs only 500 grams!

Does anyone have any idea what breed she would be? I think she's to pretty to be a moggy. I thought maybe she had some ragdoll in her as she looks similar to some mink ones I've seen and loves to be held like a baby :p also her feet are black. Either way she's so cute and has a home with me but I'd love to know what people think. Thanks :-)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi @mickeymoo    Thank you for saving this little kitty.

Your pic didn't upload. lf you go to the Reply box and click on this icon:

View media item 201346
you'll be able to upload a saved pic from your computer.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Does anyone have any idea what breed she would be? I think she's to pretty to be a moggy. I thought maybe she had some ragdoll in her as she looks similar to some mink ones I've seen and loves to be held like a baby :p also her feet are black. Either way she's so cute and has a home with me but I'd love to know what people think. Thanks :-)
I understand she is a point?    [oops, a real prettie, but its no point...  sorry!]

Now, we cant know what she is.  Unless her mom was a purebred queen whom say, was visiting a stud, and immediately after the visit  fled from the studs home, or from the car during the journey home, (rare, but it happens now and then)

its not probable she is purebred.

With points there is a interesting trick of nature.  Their parents doesnt need to be at all themselves points.

They can in fact, have whatever looks. Be either moggies or purebreds of some breed.

It is enough if they are carriers of the point gene.    Their pointed ancestor may be  20 generations back...

Both mom and dad must give this gene to the kitten - and voilá!  we get our pointed kitten.   Not so seldom a look alike of a siamese old type.   If the kitten happens to be longhaired, so perhaps a look alike to a ragdoll...

Although its very possible the mom was a dumped or astray cat.   a kitten of a true semiferale would probably manage better than this one, learned all the tricks by her mom.

Anyhow, its apparently both she and you were lucky in this, the threating catastrophe turned into a win - win situation.

Tx a lot - and congrats.    :)

ps.   Yes, please send us a couple of good pics.   We love good pics!

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh she is just beautiful!!! 

She looks silver tabby longhair, but as you say, she looks waaay too pretty to call a moggy 

l don't know as much about genetics as the advisors here in this forum, but l know that some of the siblings of my younger cats litter were also silver tabby. They were the product of a silver tabby mother and a blue (grey) father. Do you know of cats that colour in the area who may have "visited" at the farm?

renstwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she is a beautiful kitten. All of my cats have been rescues, and they all have been beautiful. Enjoy your little beauty no matter her heritage. Would love to see her pics as she grows up!

Also, did you name her yet? :heart4: