What breed is my white cat?

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I was wondering what breed of white cat my white cat might be
20210925_113028.jpg

Could she be white russian blue or a khao manee?
Just white DSH?
Her eyes are unusually big so I had a second thought about thinking her as just DSH
Maybe a ragdoll x? As the big size and round shape of her eyes look just like ragdoll (although its not blue like ragdolls)
Anyone come across specific breed that looks like her?

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she has nice green eyes, you could compare her to a Russian White. The body structure is similiar.

But as you dont have any known ancestry, she is an "anybody" so she is surely a domestic shorthair.

Breed is as nobility: its not enough to be a somewhat look alike nor even looking noble.
You must have proven ancestry...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Lovely white DSH. Khao Manee is one of the rarest breeds of cats. Your cat is not likely to be related unless you live in Thailand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she has nice green eyes, you could compare her to a Russian White. The body structure is similiar.

But as you dont have any known ancestry, she is an "anybody" so she is surely a domestic shorthair.

Breed is as nobility: its not enough to be a somewhat look alike nor even looking noble.
You must have proven ancestry...
Her eyes are yellow green. Here's better picture of her
20210923_171322.jpg

20210810_184523.jpg

Her pupil is also really big so I thought she had a ragdoll ancestry
Khao Manee is one of the rarest breeds of cats. Your cat is not likely to be related unless you live in Thailand.
I thought she was khao manee because lot of description of khao manee matched her characteristic e.g. muscular lean body, short white coat, rounded tip of ear, big round eyes etc.
But I guess it is unlikely as you said as I found her in Australia

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Her pupil is also really big so I thought she had a ragdoll ancestry
The cat's pupil size is related to the amount of light, same as yours. If you get her into a bright room or in the sunlight you'll see her pupils contract.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
White Russians I have seen are seldom of really good russian blue type. If you painted they silver grey, and let them into a Show, they wouldnt get no trophies there... Barely Excellent, but perhaps just Very Good. Which really is a polite undergrade.

So, for me, she is a decent look alike of a Russian White. Eyes green enough. And yeah, big pupils may happen, esp if a little afraid or worried.

Thereby not said she is one. The heavy money bet is she is a pretty domestic... Russian White are pretty rare, so there isnt even the theoretical chance of one whom run away....

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Beautiful white domestic shorthair. About 95% of cats are "just" domestic, but no less special.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I was wondering what breed of white cat my white cat might be
View attachment 397114
Could she be white russian blue or a khao manee?
Just white DSH?
Her eyes are unusually big so I had a second thought about thinking her as just DSH
Maybe a ragdoll x? As the big size and round shape of her eyes look just like ragdoll (although its not blue like ragdolls)
Anyone come across specific breed that looks like her?
She is gorgeous 😻 Khao Manee popped into my head immediately but they are extremely rare and from Thailand so the chances are probably close to 0 that she has even some km in her. However those genes are in the domestic population and you see quite a few white cats who have the two color eyes as well which is a km trait. No Ragdoll looks at all. I have not seen Russian Whites so could not comment on that. I love her eyes :-) If she was found please list her if you haven't since someone may be looking for her.

Here is a pic of a km with odd eyes... she does have that body type.

Khao Manee - Wikipedia

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 10.14.13 PM.png