What Breed is my rescue kitty?

rescuemom716

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My rescue kitty is on the small side I would say. Very soft, shiny black coat. Yellowish eyes. Her mother looked like a Bombay,but with a longer coat- she was also a very small cat. Does anybody know what my Pepper Ann could be?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The easy answer is to say, domestic.  As the great majority of cats are.  While bombays are quite rare breed.   And also, very many black moggies are good look alikes of bombay...   I have often asked myself - why bother to construct a breed, which is an exact look alike of a common moggie?  Whom are aplenty?   My guess is - because they could.

But here, as ALL the kittens are black, it does hint a big possibility of being purebred of some sort. 

We simply cant know, not without papers or a decently safe history backwards...

If its really important to know, to try and confirm, Im pretty sure bombays are visible on the test which are out there, as they are from constructed in part on burmeses cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rescuemom716

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your input!! Her breed doesn't really matter to me, we love her all the same, was just curious if there was a common breed that was smaller than average really.

I have another question though, are there any breeds that do not shed? She is about four months old now and hasn't shed at all that we've noticed. Just struck me as odd. I've never owned an inside cat before, so she's a very new experience for us!
Thank you again!

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have adult cats that range in size from 6 lbs. to 15 lbs.  Like us, some are big, some are medium, and some are small.  Black cats are my favorite.  I have one with bright green eyes.  Black cats are thought to be very easy to get along with...they readily accept other feline friends.  Lucky you!  I'm not sure about a no shed cat.  I think all of them shed but some don't until they are over a year old.