What Breed Is My Rescue Cat?

nfeyh3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I adopted Maze from my local animal shelter in September when he was just a kitten. He was all black when I adopted him and has always had yellow eyes. As he got older, he started developing white fur mixed into his black fur, especially around his body and his tail. His feet and face are all black. He’s the opposite of a smoke as his roots are still black, and he doesn’t have any patches like with vitiligo. I have fostered and done animal rescue for 3 years but never have I seen a cat like him. Even the vets are stumped. And he’s perfectly healthy and too old for a fever coat. Does anyone know what kind of breed his markings are consistent with???

Attachments

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Smokes do have dark rooots and light mediums and tips, so It is indeed a possibility, maybe you were thinking about Chinchilla? If he always a kitten un September, his coat is still developing, so maybe you should take pictures every month to compare them and check if there are any changes. I sure want to know what will he look like in a few weeks.

Just in case you like learning about unusual cat coats, I'll leave here a link from which you can start further research :)

Cat Coats of Rarest Colors

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I found this girl about two weeks ago on a highway entrance ramp. Named her Mixie due to her coat.
This here may be a rest of fever coat. Even if its quite handsome on her! :)

Will will see with time, as fever coat tends to disappear.

Anyway, she is a little prettie, and you both won a high win in the Lottery of Life.

Tx for rescuing her.