What breed is my kitten?

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Cute kitten 🙂
She is color point which means she inherited the gene from a Siamese ancestor. Siamese have been used in many breeding programs, so she may have also Ragdoll or other ancestry, as several breeds mix in color point.
Were you told anything about her parents?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful💕 She looks like a dsh with siamese/ ragdoll ancestry to me. She looks like blue or chocolate point but with those stripes maybe even a lynx point, but no M. The stripes on her face are so interesting with the white and chocolate that seems reversed from the norm. I thought she was a tortie point in the first pic.
Here is a pic of an adult mitted blue lynx point rd which is why I said rd, but she appears to be short haired.

7CEEB911-3E68-458A-8FA0-013D33E46902.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sparklynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Cute kitten 🙂
She is color point which means she inherited the gene from a Siamese ancestor. Siamese have been used in many breeding programs, so she may have also Ragdoll or other ancestry, as several breeds mix in color point.
Were you told anything about her parents?
Her mom is a grey cat and her dad is a neighbourhood cat(unknown) the photo is of her and her mom

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sparklynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is beautiful💕 She looks like a dsh with siamese/ ragdoll ancestry to me. She looks like blue or chocolate point but with those stripes maybe even a lynx point, but no M. The stripes on her face are so interesting with the white and chocolate that seems reversed from the norm. I thought she was a tortie point in the first pic.
Here is a pic of an adult mitted blue lynx point rd which is why I said rd, but she appears to be short haired.

View attachment 389516
Thank you! That cat in the photo rwmi ds my of my other baby! Shes all grey though! We also
Dont know her mix but her mom is a russian blue

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is a tortie point.... These lighter streaks in her face masque is telling of her tortiness...
Momma; the pic is unclear, but I wonder if she may be a burmese point??

IF so, our kitten would be a combo of burmese and siamese points. This could explain she darkens quite early already as kitten, and I suppose eyes wont be really blue.... Burmese point doenst carry blue eyes.
There ARE such combos with nice blue eyes, but they are purebred for this.

Ps. Daddy doesnt need to be no point himself; it was enough he was a carrier of the gene.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! That cat in the photo rwmi ds my of my other baby! Shes all grey though! We also
Dont know her mix but her mom is a russian blue
She is so pretty, she looks chocolate to me too, like a silver dilute chocolate tawny color. What is rwmi ds?
Here is my little Quinn the first day I brought him home, he reminds me a bit of your kitten but he is a boy, a pb seal point traditional siamese.
5FC0B16A-CBEE-4CF3-BB83-E94A5E539B2C.png

Last edited: