What Breed Is My Kitten

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey im new here! I found a kitten in the streets and he came to me and lay on my feet so now, hes a new member of our home. For curiosity i look in internet and found a kitten who is just like him, and was a ragdoll. My vet says he, Sirius, (big fan of Harry Potter here) is going to be a big cat, he is super sweet, playful. Hes 4 month old today!! Here's a pic of Sirius
15005646750342024690346 (1).jpg

Can someone please tell me is you think he's a ragdoll kitten?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I don't see any Ragdoll in this baby (you can see Ragdoll pictures here: Breed Profile: The Ragdoll), Ragdolls are longhaired, and colorpointed cats- meaning they're born white and then develop colors as they mature (in the pointed, mitted, van, or bicolor patterns- as specified by the Cat Fanciers Association breed standard). Your sweetie would be called a black Domestic Shorthair, with a locket (that white spot on his chest). He is cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for answering!! Yeah, he's so cute, docile and lovely, a little afraid of everything but we're working on it❤

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He perhaps had a "fever coat" when found??

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what is that?

Last edited:

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh i forgot to add, he got a white/silver furr under the coat and two colors in both eyes. In the first pic it doesn't notice. But he have a blue ring around the iris.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
what is that?
Fever coat? Its when black cats, when they are small kittens, have a grayish fur, with black face, ears and tails. It looks alike dark point of sorts...
It disappears with time without no negative consequences. Its caused if momma had fever when pregnant. And it seems, its only the black cats whom get this...

I think I see a couple of grayish silvery stripes. Also, as YOU did mentioned ragdoll, so I though, YOU did saw some sort of point pattern.

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh no im very new in this, but im willing to learn. And you are right, i saw the stripes but i didn't know how was the name of it. Sorry.
And thank you, even if its not the case, i learn something new about cats... And i love cats. So thanks.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another Big fan of Harry Potter here :thumbsup:
Your cat looks super cute, but I would say he is exactly what the other members said. However, if he has indeed any breed influence, It Will be easier to ser when he is am adult, so keep posting pictures of Sirius am let us enjoy!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Sirius is a handsome baby! While I am not really familiar with the ragdoll breed, I don't see any traits of a ragdoll.
Fever coat? Its when black cats, when they are small kittens, have a grayish fur, with black face, ears and tails. It looks alike dark point of sorts...
It isn't just black cats that get fever cats. I have a shaded golden that had fever coat as a kitten. While it isn't a great photo, I have attached one of him with the fever coat.

Attachments

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your Sirius is a handsome baby! While I am not really familiar with the ragdoll breed, I don't see any traits of a ragdoll.
It isn't just black cats that get fever cats. I have a shaded golden that had fever coat as a kitten. While it isn't a great photo, I have attached one of him with the fever coat.
:yeah:
It is something that happens to bengal cats too. Sometimes, when the mother has a fever during pregnancy, one or more of the kittens will develop a fever coat. It is kinda funny, because these babies can look alike Blue bengals when they are indeed brown.

blueandpink .

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another Big fan of Harry Potter here :thumbsup:
Your cat looks super cute, but I would say he is exactly what the other members said. However, if he has indeed any breed influence, It Will be easier to ser when he is am adult, so keep posting pictures of Sirius am let us enjoy!
Thank you, i will.❤