What Breed Is My Kitten?

Greta_al

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_2787.JPG
This is Milky, our 2 month old kitten! When we bought him we were told that his mother was a Burmese lynx, but when I was doing research I couldn't find anything on that breed! He's sick with the cat flu and has an infection in the eye that's why one of his eyes is a bit cloudy and red ❤

Attachments

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not really qualified to answer, but I will tell you that as far as I know there are no lynx point Burmese. Lynx is what a tabby is called in pointed colors. The breed standard lists 4 colors for Burmese : sable, champagne, blue and platinum- all solid colors with no points. With that said, I would guess that your beautiful kittens mother was also a mix breed. I hope the baby gets well soon!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Did you buy, or adopt him? If you bought from a breeder, did you get official breeder's papers? It should say on the papers.

otherwise, I'd say a beautiful pointed domestic

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can compare him to a Balinese, ie a medium haired Siamese. The color seems to be black, called for seal.
Thus, seal point Balinese - look alike... He is even very nice, not show quality but better than low pet quality. IF he were balinese for real with papers and everything.

Alternatively he could be seen as a atypical ragdoll, more slender than most of them.

But quite probably he is a moggie, its not even sure any of his parents was a point nor longhair...

The seller perhaps meant lynx balinese?? He doesnt seems to be lynx / tabby, though.

Because there isnt no such animal as lynx burmese. Even if theoretically we can imagine a moggie whom is tabby and with the burmese point.

Re his flu and such. Unluck. But its not entirely unusual kittens get flu when they move to their new home. Its the stress and different set up of local bacterias...
A good breeder would never send away a kitten whom he knows is sick.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
As other posters have said, there's no lynx point Burmese, so maybe the seller meant Balinese? Milky doesn't look like a lynx point (I'd say he's a solid chocolate point). He is handsome!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps Wait with the color decision little more - Im not really sure its black - may be sepia or something... We will see for sure when he is a little older, if it darkens up yet more.

Mary Nielsen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does it say on the papers?

How was the kitten cared for while at the breeder? Some breeders don't have their heart in the right place. I am sad to hear that your kitty is sick :( :( :( I just hope it was well cared for while at breeder and that the lack of care didn't contribute to the flue.

Milky is beautiful and I hope it gets better!!!

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He doesn't really look like a Balinese to me though, the coat isn't quite as flowly as Balinese usually have.
I would say a beautiful Siamese with some kitten poof left to him.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say that this Chocolate Point Javanese kitten looks like a Chocolate Point Javanese kitten.

;)