catherinegray

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I have to say Simba is just stunning.  WOW what an intense red!   If the photos accurately reflect the color in real life,  he must brighten up every room that he enters!

To be honest , usually if you buy a kitten from someone who has no idea what breed it is, the answer is that it ISN'T a breed.  Cats are not like dogs that are usually some specific breed or cross of breeds.     The vast majority of cats are random-bred cats descended from many generations of other random-bred cats , and have a mix of genes from the general cat population in their part of the world.

And if some pedigreed breed is mixed in, it's usually pretty hard to tell for sure.

It's fun to say they look a bit like this or that but it is usually just a guess, and considering that the 'breed cats' are a very tiny minority of cats,  usually a cat doesn't have a lot of  such ancestry.  

Simba has a somewhat Maine Coon look,   but not so much I would look at him and say he has to have a lot of that breed in him.   His head is sort of like somewhere between Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest Cat.    It's possible he may have a bit of one of those mixed with British moggy.

He does look like he is a semi-longhair kitten  and it's possible he may get more coat in the winter ,  and over the coming winters as he matures. Semi-longhairs often have 2 seasonal coat types. a short and a long version, 

It doesn't make a whole lot of difference in  his care  as long as you just base it on him as an individual and his own personality,  like how much play he wants,  how social he is, how much needing attention etc.  As far as nutrition,  most cats and kitttens have the same needs, passed down from their wild cat ancestors.  A great resource on feline nutrition is Dr Lisa Pierson's catinfo.org.

This site ( TCS) has a bunch of articles to check out,  and another good site for learning about cat care is International Cat Care ( formerly FAB)