what breed is my kitten and how old?

ragdollface

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is we think approximately 2-3 months old. She has ear tufts and black and orange striped tail and calico coloring with long soft hair. She flops around like the ragdolls ive owned and her paws and back legs are large for her kitten size but her coloring and personality is throwing me off. She is crazy! Runs around attacking everything is not a lapcat like my ragdolls were, she is a sweetheart though she just has so much energy it never stops and she loves to chew on everything. Shes also a hardcore fighter. My husband plays rough and where most cats walk away or hiss and get really mean she just keeps playing like a catdog. She was a stray from around the neighborhood and there are literally dozens of unfixed strays running around so we see so many possible parents but non look exactly like her (no white base cats or partially striped but a lot of tabbys) or have calico coloring

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is quite a look alike of a Turkish Van.   Although her actual breed is like most others, a domestic, or moggie.  Colors tortoiseshell and white, I think.

Why not calico?  As I understand, a proper calico shall have well definied patches of colors. Hers are a little too unruly.

Age? 3-4 months I think.  Prob around 4 months.  Definitely not just 2.

Im very happy to see her.  Not only because she is so pretty.  But because she so apparently got a good home.   Born as homeless semiferale,  got adopted as one of few, and now is an inside only kitty.   Goinng on a leash when she is taking her fresh air promenades....   Also, her boundless energy and wild wrestling matches is a witnessing she is happy and feeling extremely well.   She has no reason to misuse her energy on being afraid and shy...

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ragdollface

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Thats so amazing you were able to find a breed so similar. I read the personality profiles and it waa so funny all the turkish vans were hanging out in sinks and tubs like she does. I know she cant be a purebred but it seems she got the strong personality. You're so sweet thank you so much for helping solve our riddle :)