What breed is my Hank?

hank_n_angel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorta curious what breed my kitty Hankie is. He has really strange coloring, I'm not sure if he is a certain breed or just an uniquely colored DSH or a mixed breed. It doesn't matter to me I am just curious
Here are a couple of pics of him. The coloring I'm talking about is his sorta stripes and his different colored undercoat.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure of where it would go.

If you need a dfferent pic or something just say something, I have hundreds

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No particular breed but looks like a very dark chocolate or sable smoke. Almost like the chocolate color of a Burmese (genetically black). Maybe one parent was black the other a sable Burmese.

I had a black smoke rex who's father was a chocolate rex (but he was out of burmese chocolate - not true chocolate). In the summer time she would go from black smoke to chocolate smoke - her hairs were really chocolate, not black. In the winter, they were black.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The coloring is very unique (and pretty)
I wouldn't know what to call it either.

He looks like a Domestic Medium Hair to me,

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a very uniquely colored domestic short hair. I don't think the tail is fluffy enough for a medium hair. He's a very handsome cat!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very cute, Just think of him like I think of my 3.

A little if this, a little of that, and a couple of other things thrown in to make it interesting.

tigerlily0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree that it's what they call a "smoke" coloring. My brother in law had a cat that his family called "Smokey" who had similar coloring, with the fur lighter closer to the skin and darker further out.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that colouring is really interesting! I have no idea if that's the trait of any particular breed. GoldenKitty45 knows her cats, so I'd be inclined to listen to her.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are those tabby markings I am seeing too-on the legs...can't tell on the body so much, cause of the lighting...but? I am thinking some type of "smoke" pattern too... very lovely and unique kitty...what a cutie!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea, but I absolutely adore him (that picture you used for your sig is hilarious)! His eyes are gorgeous too, btw.