What breed is my domestic long-haired cat?

sarahaes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, this is Basil, I got him from an animal shelter when he was about 7 years old, he is a mixed domestic long hair and I would like to know what breeds he may be made up of or resembles most.

He is quite a large and heavy cat with a long fluffy raccoon like tail and is very fluffy and has tufts of fur coming out the bottom of his feet. He is orange and white and has green eyes, he is quite friendly to people and loves to sit on laps or next to and absolutely loves being scratched on the neck.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, my!  Such an overflow!   Must give you quite some work to keep his fur in shape?   Or its perhaps WHY you  had chosen him, you enjoy such doing?   :)

OK, the diagnosis of domestic longhair is surely correct.  But I saw not long ago an article on a cat whom become a Animal Therapy cat whom held a severely sick and autistic boy alive for years.  That cat was a longhaired British shorthair... So to speak.   So he was sold as pet quality.

What I mean, these cats could be twins, fur and shapewise, even if the coloration is different.