What breed is my cat.

Nsr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We found her abandoned when she was approx three weeks old .. she is now about 8 months ... We've been told she is EMau, some say she is a tabby .. she extremely playful loves the family members but not outsiders... No aggression but she avoids.. loves to climb .. very interactive .. clearly communicated what she wants whether it is food or to go climb a tree

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! I think your cat is a tabby. Unless she is registered or registerable in one of the major registries and can trace her lineage through a pedigree she would not, in truth, be considered an Egyptian Mau.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Where do you live?

first i thought she is ticket tabby. But its Some very unusual spotted tabby…. So perhaps Arabian mau???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nsr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in India ... I have been told Tiggy is probably of the Bengal Fishing cat variant which looks very similar to a Mau

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful! Reminds me of a very loving little kitty I had once, whose dad was a pedigreed Abyssinian. I believe fishing cats are a wild cat species, not a breed of domestic cat. I agree with StefanZ StefanZ that your girl looks like a ticked tabby, and would say she is probably random-bred (unlike dogs, the vast majority of cats do no belong to a specific breed). She looks the right build and colours for a natural Afro-Asian landrace cat, which is what the Abyssinian and Mau breeds are derived from.