What breed is my cat?

Butterscotch_is_my_baby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my baby butterscotch, she passed away about two years ago and we've never known her breed. Not knowing what breed is also making it hard to find stuffed animals that look like her. (searching up black striped cat atuffed animal only gives light gray cats with black stripes or just black cats. Searching up gray and black striped cats also just gives light gray with black stripes, or no stripes.)
I really want to know if anyone can help find her breed or pattern or both.

Attachments

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like coat color and pattern are brown mackle tabby. The "breed" is likely just domestic short hair, meaning she was just a domestic cat with short hair, not any actual breed or mix. Unlike dogs most cats are just random bred domestics, not any specific breed or mix of breeds. Domestic cats come in all shapes and sizes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Butterscotch_is_my_baby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like coat color and pattern are brown mackle tabby. The "breed" is likely just domestic short hair, meaning she was just a domestic cat with short hair, not any actual breed or mix. Unlike dogs most cats are just random bred domestics, not any specific breed or mix of breeds. Domestic cats come in all shapes and sizes.
Thank you so much ❤

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pretty Butterscotch had green eyes. Not that common among the broad moggie population. However, green eyes are fairly common with torties / torbies.
So that will be in fact my guess. she is a tortie and tabby; commonly called for torbie.
Also, being a torbie makes often the exact pattern difficult to analyse. Which by itself may be a give away: difficult to see and analyse? Probably a torbie!

I dont see a clear cut red tortie coloring, but it doesnt need to be nothing big. A little spot. Or one of the toe cushions being red / creme instead of black...

Ps. If you have difficulty to find a good stuffed animal in her pattern, consider perhaps to have her painted up... There are artists whom specialize in painting up of passed pets. Several good photos.... It doesnt need to be costly either.

Ps2. The white around the mouth isnt no true white spot. This is common with tabbyies. Really a sign she is a tabby; almost as common as the renwon M on forehead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Butterscotch_is_my_baby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pretty Butterscotch had green eyes. Not that common among the broad moggie population. However, green eyes are fairly common with torties / torbies.
So that will be in fact my guess. she is a tortie and tabby; commonly called for torbie.
Also, being a torbie makes often the exact pattern difficult to analyse. Which by itself may be a give away: difficult to see and analyse? Probably a torbie!

I dont see a clear cut red tortie coloring, but it doesnt need to be nothing big. A little spot. Or one of the toe cushions being red / creme instead of black...

Ps. If you have difficulty to find a good stuffed animal in her pattern, consider perhaps to have her painted up... There are artists whom specialize in painting up of passed pets. Several good photos.... It doesnt need to be costly either.

Ps2. The white around the mouth isnt no true white spot. This is common with tabbyies. Really a sign she is a tabby; almost as common as the renwon M on forehead.
Thank you so much!

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Agree with everybody. AHHH the cuteness overload!!!