what breed is my cat?

gemimala

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So i found this kitten about 2 weeks ago, it was raining outside and he was scared and meowing so hard so i took him inside. And i searched what breed he is and google says he’s a tabby cat. But a lot of people say tabby is not a breed. So i want to know what do you guys think, like what breed he is? Here’s some pics of him. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi! So i found this kitten about 2 weeks ago, it was raining outside and he was scared and meowing so hard so i took him inside. And i searched what breed he is and google says he’s a tabby cat. But a lot of people say tabby is not a breed. So i want to know what do you guys think, like what breed he is? Here’s some pics of him. Thanks in advance!
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

What a cute kitten you’ve got there and thank you for taking the kitten in and for giving it a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:

Yes, tabby is not a breed but a description of the coat pattern. The photo of your cat lying down is hard to tell if the stripes are broken or not but it looks like you have a domestic shorthair (DSH) Mackerel Striped Tabby. And tabbies have this infamous ‘M’ on their foreheads.
If the stripes are broken and not long, it’ll be a Broken Mackerel Striped Tabby.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree. Broken or not broken mackerel. In other countries called for tigrered or striped.

The white aroung mouth isnt not a true white spot, but its very common for tabbies, essentially another proof he is a tabby.

The form of the face, very triangular, isnt not the most common. So he MAY have some Ancestry, but Im not sure of what.
Perhaps it will be more visible later on when he is older.

But for all practical reaons, think on him as domestic short hair, DSH.... And so you write on papers to vet, and to insurance if you take insurance on him.