What breed is my cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrbarryboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's why he would be described as "blue lynx point and white." The white markings are caused by a dominant gene called "white spotting." We can assume that at least one of his parents had white markings, too.
That’s awesome! Thank you always wondered

mrbarryboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guess black cats aren’t as interesting
Poor Kryp 😿

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess black cats aren’t as interesting
Poor Kryp 😿

I'm sorry, I just got on and for some reason this did not come up in my notifications even though I have commented on the thread.

Blacks cats are very interesting- there is a whole thread dedicated to them on this site. I have finally been able to snag one myself, who I named Indigo Ink- Inky.

I have often wondered where black cats come from- other black cats? I am Irish so we have a lot of folklore on those little guys.

Your guy is beautiful! Nice shine to his coat and gorgeous eyes. Quite the little panther you got there.

mrbarryboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I just got on and for some reason this did not come up in my notifications even though I have commented on the thread.

Blacks cats are very interesting- there is a whole thread dedicated to them on this site. I have finally been able to snag one myself, who I named Indigo Ink- Inky.

I have often wondered where black cats come from- other black cats? I am Irish so we have a lot of folklore on those little guys.

Your guy is beautiful! Nice shine to his coat and gorgeous eyes. Quite the little panther you got there.
No worries want to treat them equally lol!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now what about this big boy Krypto. I adopted him about a year ago now. He is all black and very big not fat weighs 23lbs
He's gorgeous! He would be described as a black domestic shorthair. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... he is obviously a very special guy! :redheartpump:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have often wondered where black cats come from- other black cats?
Genetically, black cats are just one step away from the original "wild type" brown tabby domestic cat. Black cats are homozygous for the recessive gene for solid (also known as non-tabby or non-agouti), but in every other way they have the same color genes as a brown tabby. The solid gene is a very old mutation, too old for us to trace its origins, and is very common throughout the world.

mrbarryboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my cousins cat Cleo, she is very soft and beautiful coat. I’ve never felt a cat this soft. Any ideas on her breed?
B013D18C-341D-4041-9E4C-552451BCD309.jpg
215A3505-108E-4467-AB2F-8387215FB809.jpeg