What Breed Is My Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CheeseWhiz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would describe your cat as a black and white domestic shorthair. Lovely cat and such pretty green eyes! Most cats are not any particular breed.
Thanks! haha I've been wondering for a while due to the fact that I've never really seen cats similar to her.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! haha I've been wondering for a while due to the fact that I've never really seen cats similar to her.
Do you mean that she has a lot of white on her? That may indicate that she has two copies of the white spotting gene. It's the same gene responsible for white markings in black and white "tuxedo cats," but the markings tend to look different when a cat has two copies of this gene.
  • When a cat has just one copy of the white spotting gene, you will typically see white markings limited to the chest, belly, legs, and lower part of the face.
  • With two copies of the white spotting gene, cats typically have more white, and the white areas go higher up on the body. The cat may look like a white cat with a few colored spots. Most cats will have some color at least on the top of the head and the tail.