What Breed Is My Cat?

YaseminGuzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone

I recently adopted a cat but i have no idea what breed she is? i was told she was a Persian but i've had Persians before and i know for a fact this is not the case. maybe a mix? I was also told she was dumped by a breeder for having FPLV so I dont have much of an idea on her background. She's my absolute heart and soul but I would just love some more information on her.

Thanks!
a92fc26c-625d-441e-8820-df0bbfbdc93f.JPG
f62a4396-ebfb-4262-b067-d6ea819f515e.JPG
0712E373-A04F-4412-A6A8-C7228541CA3A.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She is so pretty! Without pedigree papers, she would technically be considered as a white Domestic Longhair. I agree with StefanZ, though, that she may be a doll-face Persian (or at least have some ancestry), because she has a flat face, like a doll-face Persian. If you’re curious, you can get her DNA tested to see if she has genetic similarities to Persians.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

YaseminGuzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is so pretty! Without pedigree papers, she would technically be considered as a white Domestic Longhair. I agree with StefanZ, though, that she may be a doll-face Persian (or at least have some ancestry), because she has a flat face, like a doll-face Persian. If you’re curious, you can get her DNA tested to see if she has genetic similarities to Persians.
Thank you! Honestly i'm quite new to the cat world, I fostered a Persian cat for a couple months and he just looked so different to her so I didn't think they would be the same breed. Now that I have looked at some pictures of these doll faced Persians (I didnt even know this was a thing) i think you may be right :)
It just makes me so angry that people breed these souls and then dump them at the first sign of illness...:mad:

Kc12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone

I recently adopted a cat but i have no idea what breed she is? i was told she was a Persian but i've had Persians before and i know for a fact this is not the case. maybe a mix? I was also told she was dumped by a breeder for having FPLV so I dont have much of an idea on her background. She's my absolute heart and soul but I would just love some more information on her.

Thanks!View attachment 289886 View attachment 289887 View attachment 289888

Kc12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks like my cat that I got from someone with a bunch of strays who said her daughter abandoned her Turkish Angoras. What do u think?

YaseminGuzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks like my cat that I got from someone with a bunch of strays who said her daughter abandoned her Turkish Angoras. What do u think?
Your cat is gorgeous:blush:!
They do like quite similar, but I think yours has the classic long face of an Angora whereas my girl seems to have rounder features... Maybe mixed?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y YaseminGuzel I agree with abyeb abyeb and StefanZ StefanZ that your cat may be a doll-faced Persian, or part Persian. Your cat is definitely not a Turkish Angora, as that breed is slender with a wedge shaped head and large high-set ears. How long have you had your cat? Although she is clearly a longhair, her fur is much shorter than most Persians. I am wondering if her coat may have been clipped short and is now growing out? She would look more like a typical doll-faced Persian if she had a longer coat.

K Kc12 I would describe your cat as a gold-eyed white domestic longhair. Your cat is gorgeous, but doesn't really look like a Turkish Angora. That breed is very rare, although many people do tend to label any longhaired white cat as a Turkish Angora lookalike, which might have been why you were told that your cat belonged to that breed. Most cats are not any particular breed.

YaseminGuzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Y YaseminGuzel I agree with abyeb abyeb and StefanZ StefanZ that your cat may be a doll-faced Persian, or part Persian. Your cat is definitely not a Turkish Angora, as that breed is slender with a wedge shaped head and large high-set ears. How long have you had your cat? Although she is clearly a longhair, her fur is much shorter than most Persians. I am wondering if her coat may have been clipped short and is now growing out? She would look more like a typical doll-faced Persian if she had a longer coat.

K Kc12 I would describe your cat as a gold-eyed white domestic longhair. Your cat is gorgeous, but doesn't really look like a Turkish Angora. That breed is very rare, although many people do tend to label any longhaired white cat as a Turkish Angora lookalike, which might have been why you were told that your cat belonged to that breed. Most cats are not any particular breed.
I think you're right. We have had her for about 2 months now but we hadnt given her a trim in these pictures, these pictures were taken in the first 2 weeks we had her. Maybe one day in the future i will do those cat dna tests :p