What Breed Is My Cat?

Vaughkyl000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I was wondering if anyone could tell me what breed of cats I have they are brother and sister and the mom is all white I don’t have a picture of her but I have pictures of my babies. He is the orange and white one I only have one grown picture of him because he never stops moving and she is the Greyish one. There are baby photos too but idk if they will help. Thanks again!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They are both so cute! I would describe your boy as a red and white bicolor Domestic Shorthair, and your girl as a dilute tortie Domestic Shorthair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vaughkyl000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are both so cute! I would describe your boy as a red and white bicolor Domestic Shorthair, and your girl as a dilute tortie Domestic Shorthair.
Thank you so much we’ve been trying to figure it out for a while, but never could. We thought that the girl(Greta) might have some blue Russian in her since her coat has a bluish tint to it in person.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much we’ve been trying to figure it out for a while, but never could. We thought that the girl(Greta) might have some blue Russian in her since her coat has a bluish tint to it in person.
Cats other than Russian Blues can come in blue. Blue is the dilute of black, so when I described Greta as a dilute tortie, that means that instead of a black-and-red tortie, both the black and the red are dilute, making her a blue-and-cream tortie. Russian Blues only come in blue, and not the tortie colors.

Vaughkyl000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats other than Russian Blues can come in blue. Blue is the dilute of black, so when I described Greta as a dilute tortie, that means that instead of a black-and-red tortie, both the black and the red are dilute, making her a blue-and-cream tortie. Russian Blues only come in blue, and not the tortie colors.
Okay thank you again so much! I’ve learned a lot I didn’t know there were so many possibilities

Vaughkyl000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also have another cat that adopted us he was very emancipated when he came to us and he’s doign a lot better now but this is what he looked like when we first got him. He is fixed and has a very Egyptian like face I was wondering if you could help me out and figuring out what he looks like. Thanks again!!

Attachments

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of possibilities in coat color/patterns in the general cat population yes. But as far as cats go, the majority of cats in existence are of no particular breed ancestry. It isn't the same as dogs. Cats are just domestic mixed with domestic for generations. Purebred cats are just so rare.

Vaughkyl000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know there’s no way he’s purebred jsut because of the area I’m from, and the fact that I live in the country. There’s tons of cats in my area and most all of them are mixed. I was just trying to figure out what color pattern he would be called. Sorry if that seems rude I’m not trying to be I’m thankful for your response.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe him as a black and white bicolor domestic shorthair. He's a handsome boy!

Vaughkyl000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! He’s very loving to he doesn’t ever leave my side. He has a little mouse that he is friends with out in the barn and it is so cute!