What Breed Is My Cat.

breannjensen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
joku1.jpg this was the 1st day I had her joku2.png maybe 2-3 months old joku3.png about 4-5 months old. crappy photo i know joku4.png love her. too dark to see her eyes joku6.png

Ive never been a cat person, but this little one stole my heart. And even tho i wasnt before (i am now) I still know when an animal is in the wrong home. My son came home to me one day saying there was a woman down around the block trying to give away kittens. I told my son no, but i saw no harm in letting him play with them. I went around the block with him. we played with them for a while then went home. A few days later, I took my dog for a night hike behind my house really far away from any home, road, or shelter, when I heard a kitten in a bush. I brought it home with me. The next day I went to bring her back to the kitten lady when she refused to take the cat. said it was my problem. I brought her home with me, deciding to give her a good temporary home until I could find another one. within 12 hours, she wasnt going anywhere. She stole my heart :) now, to the question at hand. What breed would you say her father was? because her mom was just a white with orange and black spots short hair, and all the other kittens didnt look anything like my baby girl. there was a black short hair, a white and orange stripe short hair,white with orange and black spots short hair, black with white toes. My girl was the only one with medium hair and blue eyes. She stuck out like a soar thumb. She looked absolutely nothing like any of them. how does that work. I'm assuming she got her looks from her dad.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
We might compare her to an old-style Balinese (i.e., a longhaired Siamese). Her coloring would be seal point. She's so pretty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

breannjensen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you, i dont have much of a mind for comparison because i never liked cats before. but im in love with her, and natually biased hahaha. to top it off, she cuddles with my 6 year old, plays with her very large, similar age, canine friend (my 5 month old dane) and cuddles with the old fart (my 9 year old dane) she has been such a joy, and such a flexible companion. WHEN DID I BECOME A CAT PERSON?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! hahahaha I used to be " i hate cats! why have a cat when you can have a dog?" yet here i am joining a cat forum because everyone i know hates cats! i've been so descived!! any recommendations for breeds that would also do well with gentle but large dogs? i feel like I should get Joku a friend her own size. i would prefer to adopt.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
breannjensen breannjensen - If you are looking to adopt, then you're most likely not going to find a purebred; however, Maine Coons are pretty good with companions - though they are on the bigger side - they are known for being gentle giants of the cat world, making them pretty good friends. Though, personality will be the biggest factor in your decision. Just because something is generalized doesn't mean that there'll be one or two that are the polar opposite.

Mixed breed cats will do just as well, and sometimes better. If you go into a shelter, that's what will be there. (Of course, you probably already knew that.) I'd go into a shelter, see the cats, and spend time with a couple of different cats. One of them will more than likely adopt you. And you'll know it.

Make sure to ask the people there about who does the best with other animals, of course.

-

Also, the same thing happened to me. As a little kid, I always loved dogs. It's always meeting the right one that will make you change your mind. I like both cats and dogs, but I've never had a dog. I'm gone for too long every day to be comfortable leaving a poor little puppy alone.

-

Sorry for the text wall. Anyhow, I hope (and so does everyone else) to see more photos of the new and resident cat - and hey, even the dog!

Welcome to the site, by the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

breannjensen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hahaha thanks :) My 9 year old great dane, Loki, is actually my seizure alert companion, and i'm training his biological 4 month old daughter, Saitia. Joku (the cat) is in love with Saitia, and she sleeps curled up to loki. She even seems to be alerting to my seizures as well, however i'm not sure if its because she is alerting or just following suit haha. I want to get her another cat because even though she has bonded so well with both dogs, I dont ever want her to be alone. I dont know cats very well. My goal by joining this sight is to find a companion for joku for when Saitia is less "im a puppy, lets play" based on my growing up knowledge of cats and dogs, this companionship is an anomaly.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
If you're looking for a purebred but want to rescue, there are purebred cat rescues. I'll attach links to some of these.

There's not just one breed who does well with dogs; any cat who is outgoing and sociable does well. If you're looking to get Joku a personality match, you could look into a breed in the Siamese family (Siamese, Balinese, Javanese, Thai, Oriental Shorthair, Oriental Longhair, Colorpoint Shorthair), which is why I'm attaching some rescues that specialize in Siamese cats.

Home

Siamese Rescue - Main Website

Purebreds Plus Cat Rescue | Adopt Today!

AJ's BEST FRIENDS PERSIAN & HIMALAYAN RESCUE (specializes in Persians and Himalayans but does rescue other breeds as well)

Austin Siamese Rescue