What Breed Is My Cat?

piefacemonster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had my cat for about a few years now. I got her from the pound when she was only a couple of weeks old. She has tufts on her ears and is a medium haired cat. When she sits, she wraps her tail around her body. She is a very low tempered cat and is very kind. She likes to climb to the weirdest places inside of our house and loves to play.
She loves to be cuddled, and it takes a lot to make her mad. (Besides the dog, she hates the dog. :p)

I have had thoughts that she may be part Maincoon because of the tufts on her ears and the way she sits- but I think she is a mix with something else because she has medium hair, not long hair. She also looks like she has a little bit of American Bobtail. Your thoughts?

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She looks like a brown mackeral tabby and white Domestic Longhair. You are right, though, she is a decent Maine Coon lookalike, although if she actually had any pedigree influence would be impossible to prove short of a DNA test. Very pretty for sure!

LoganMalik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you sure, he's meduimhair I was told he's longhair, he's only 10weeks.

LoganMalik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_2212.JPG
IMG_2211.JPG
IMG_2210.JPG
Hi my friend got this kitten and wanted to know if anyone knew what breed? Thanks :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, very often (but not all the time). The mutation that causes the blue-eyes white causes the cochlear fluid to dry up, causing deafness.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not always my aunt had a pure white cat with blue eyes and he could hear a pin drop, literally. He did lose hearing when he turned 20 but so do older people so I think it was just age. He lived 5 years almost deaf and totally blind in one eye. Passed away at the age of 25.

Liane williamson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my two boys Simba and Oreo. Does anyone know what kind of breed they are? They are from the same litter although Simba is more fluffy
IMG_3770.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
This is my two boys Simba and Oreo. Does anyone know what kind of breed they are? They are from the same litter although Simba is more fluffy View attachment 184405 View attachment 184406
Simba would be a brown tabby Domestic Longhair, and Oreo would be a brown tabby and white Domestic Shorthair. Both have the classic or "bullseye" tabby pattern. How big are they? Their head shape, build, and, in Simba's case, fur, are similar to that of a Maine Coon, so some Maine Coon influence is possible. I absolutely love their coloration and pattern, it's very striking!

Liane williamson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are 9 months old, Oreo is little more petite than simba, could be the coat that makes simba look bigger though. Oreo was the only kitten out the litter that had short hair. Their marking are beautiful, everyone comments