What breed is my cat?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's a domestic short hair tabby.  He is not a Serengeti - there really aren't that many breeders around and the possibility that one of their very prized, expensive cats got out would be near impossible.  Aside from that, his body shape doesn't fit the breed either.  

Proving background is only possible if the cat has been registered and has the papers showing lineage so regardless, any cat without proof is automatically called a domestic.  Cats aren't like dogs where you can more easily establish what breed they are.  There are times when you can based on various breed specific attributes but again, yours looks like a typical tabby to me.

This does not make him any less special or lovable. He has a really nice coat pattern and coloration.  I really think his personality shines through your photos of him too. He looks like a very confident and agreeable boy.  I really love the photo of him on the bathroom counter 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hubdacat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the response! He is the best, and I love him a lot--no matter what breed he is. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree totally with the above.   Could we have a good pic of his side too, to see exaclty what tabby pattern he has?

Spots on the tummy carry many tabbie, so spots there really dont tell much.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Agree totally with the above.   Could we have a good pic of his side too, to see exaclty what tabby pattern he has?

Spots on the tummy carry many tabbie, so spots there really dont tell much.
I meant to ask for more pix also. It's why I didn't try to say which pattern the coat was