What breed is my cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizmo709

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's around 6 months old now. 3 in the second picture.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!! 

You have picked an awesome place to share you precious baby girl. She is very pretty.

I'm sure there will be someone around here that will help you on your question.

Also congrats on your baby girl becoming picture of the week!!!!! It is well deserved.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's around 6 months old now. 3 in the second picture.
She is the salt of the earth, a shorthaired domestic, the pattern is striped tabby, or tigrered tabby. In USA usually called for mackerel tabby.

Very nice!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, your cat is adorable! 
 I think, from some books I read at the library, that she's an American wedge-faced shorthair, but I have no idea if that method of determining cat breed is even still viable. (The book was written in the '50s.)

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
she looks very happy to be out of that alley!

azukiki15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To me she looks like an American Shorthair.  Of curse, since people have allowed their pedigree cats out roaming, their strains have been woven into what has become known as the Alley Cat.

I had been breeding Oriental Shorthairs for a number of years and was able to keep the line pure - that is, until I changed residences.  Then all hell broke loose.  Instead of coming into season only once a year (usually late December) they were giving birth in September and ignoring them.  I found the dead newborns everywhere as they had just been dropped and abandoned.  After five to six years, it seems that the line is coming through true to form.