What breed is my cat?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is a very handsome domestic shorthair.   If his tail is rather bushy, change the label to medium hair.   :)

A real beuty.

The white patch on the breast is quite common.  For him its an extra nice feature, as a medallion.   If he were a solid colored breed alike russian blue, it would be counted as a fault.

In swedish we call it for medallion, in american english there is another word for it, sorry I dont remember it at this moment. - possibly its "locket"

fairfaxtoaustin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could the word which you are looking for (in English) be a "bib?"   A blaze is a white patch on the front of the face.  These are just guesses

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Could the word which you are looking for (in English) be a "bib?"   A blaze is a white patch on the front of the face.  These are just guesses
Tx for the porposals.  I suppose they do exists and are correct, as you mention them.

But thinking, I believe the locket is correct.   Why?  The word locket, foreign to me, come into my mind. And when I looked into the wordbook, a locket seems to be a sort of medallion, where you can have (lock in) a small photo or some hairs.   Thus, the word locket is surely the correct, even if I didnt remembered it from the beginning.  (yes, some forumite told me some time ago what the word was - must have been locket9.