What breed is my cat?

maredoll53

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found my cat abandoned at five weeks old. He is around eight months old now and I am still wondering what breed he is; however, I know answers to this post are based on opinion. He could be an average domestic cat but has many distinctive features: hair on his ear tips, black vertical stripes on his sides, black horizontal stripes on his back, an orange spotted belly and rather large paws. His coat is longer on the chest and is incredibly soft. I grew up with many cats and have never saw any with his personality. He is extremely rambunctious! He reminds me of a tiger not just because of his physical features but in his actions. He jumps several feet in the air to catch bouncy balls and chirps for attention instead of meows. Have suggestions anyone? Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is a mackerel, or striped tabby.  The color I think will be called for brown, that is why he has this warm glowing  shine on his chest.

He is handsome, I think so too.  He can be a pure "roof cat" as they say in Poland.   He can be someones natural son.  Say,  a Maine Coon gets a natural son, and what do we get?  Someone with his looks, ie shorthaired tabby with some hefty properties.  If he is big for being a average domestic tabby - here we go!

He can on the other side, have a bengal as near ancestor, perhaps granddad...  Tabby is dominant, but the spectacular bengal tabby wont be as nice two generations further down.

I think you shall see him as the handsome individual he is, and not speculate  much whose natural grandson he is.

He is excellent and beautiful AND loved in his own right!    :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maredoll53

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! The information you gave was very helpful. He definitely acts like a Bengal. What does "roof cat" mean? He is extremely handsome!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you so much! The information you gave was very helpful. He definitely acts like a Bengal. What does "roof cat" mean? He is extremely handsome!
Cats wandering on the roofs, often homeless.  Thomas O´Malley in Aristocats, for example!  .  Moggies in other coutries, or muffs as some say...

Domestic, in other words.