What Breed is my Cat

kassieboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to know if my 4yr old male has anything wild in him!
These pix are a lil old but he hasnt changed much. When he was a lil guy about 6mths he wldnt meow he wld make weird sounds almost that of a dove lol. Even now its more of a baby cat sound rather than an adult meow. He follows me EVERY WHERE. Like a puppy. He'll even chase me like a DOG! So fun.. he gets into cabinets and claws at walls n doors when hyper. He even use to take baths w me lol. He also makes moaning sounds like a dog when hes frustrated n walking around. He will hike up his butt when excited or even drop it. He'll flick his tail when excited like hes being electricuted lol. WHAT IS HE?
Even the vet said how interesting he is n how his blood work was odd.

cccdlx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where did you get that handsome fellow!!!?  What is his name?

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like a very cute short hair broken mackeral patern tabby to me.  I think it would be difficult to tell if there was some trace of local wild cat in there without specific testing.  He sounds really good fun and very cheeky, and I think you are very lucky having such a fun cat.  I particularly like the picture of him chewing on someone's knee. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think they are really alike because they are tabbies.   And tabby is one of the few original, natural patterns...

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, tabby is what you see in the smaller wildcats. With good reason; it's a great camouflage, it breaks up the cat's outline when it's stalking prey. Tabby patterns are passed down straight from the cat's wild ancestors, and modern small wildcats are practically all tabbies of one sort or another.

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would like to know if my 4yr old male has anything wild in him!
These pix are a lil old but he hasnt changed much. When he was a lil guy about 6mths he wldnt meow he wld make weird sounds almost that of a dove lol. Even now its more of a baby cat sound rather than an adult meow. He follows me EVERY WHERE. Like a puppy. He'll even chase me like a DOG! So fun.. he gets into cabinets and claws at walls n doors when hyper. He even use to take baths w me lol. He also makes moaning sounds like a dog when hes frustrated n walking around. He will hike up his butt when excited or even drop it. He'll flick his tail when excited like hes being electricuted lol. WHAT IS HE?
Even the vet said how interesting he is n how his blood work was odd.
My grey tabby, Zoey follows me around like a dog too :) She's very hyper, but then again she's only a year or so old. I think there's something wild about grey tabbies (even though I know that's not biological) My mom's tabby is huge, 18 pounds (but not over weight) and he's 9 years old and still runs and plays like a kitten. He looks a lot like your boo! Very cute!