What Breed is My Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
all the kitties photos here are so cute!

We have had this little black long haired female cat for 2 years now.   Not sure of breed or whether we should / could groom her longer hair like on the chest and belly seem to get a bit long and easily tangled.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sarah Mickelson. she is a point, tabby (the M!).  Tabby points are often called for Lynx...  So lynx point.

So it is the pattern. Exact breed we cant know, compare with my answer to Cameron above, who have a Thai-siamese  look alike.

Yours is a sweet one!

Good luck!

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sarah Mickelson. she is a point, tabby (the M!).  Tabby points are often called for Lynx...  So lynx point.

So it is the pattern. Exact breed we cant know, compare with my answer to Cameron above, who have a Thai-siamese  look alike.

Yours is a sweet one!

Good luck!
Agree she is lynx point, but would say her face looks a lot like a ragdoll.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have two cats? This doesn't look like the one above. This one's seal point, and it's hard to tell from the colouring of the photos above, but l thought he was blue point. They're/he's beautiful.

jt6119

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Doesn't anyone have a clue what breed my cat is I got her from the RSPCA here in Australia she's about 12 months old

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Doesn't anyone have a clue what breed my cat is I got her from the RSPCA here in Australia she's about 12 months old
She's a domestic shorthair, no specific breed. Her pattern is mackerel tabby and white, very pretty. It's hard to tell the color because the lighting in the two pictures is so different. My guess would be brown tabby, or possibly brown patched (torbie) and white.

Do you have any pictures taken in natural light? And maybe something that shows more of the tabby part on her back?

jaycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
I'm new here and I've had a lot of trouble identifying this cat that we found a few months ago, as no one ever replied to the posters etc. from what I could tell it was a runaway which ende up in my backyard, it seems fairly young, very playful, gets along with anyone! Loves to play hide and seek with me and can't stand being cooped up indoors for too long! Here's some photos of it, the closest thing I could come up with it being is either a Siberian or norweigan forest cat but even those look so different from it. I fully understand that I can't expect anyone to identify the breed but if you could send me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it

Pics:
http://www.imgur.com/iYMXzE9.jpg
http://www.imgur.com/oe5g8eV.jpg

Last edited:

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi all,
I'm new here and I've had a lot of trouble identifying this cat that we found a few months ago, as no one ever replied to the posters etc. from what I could tell it was a runaway which ende up in my backyard, it seems fairly young, very playful, gets along with anyone! Loves to play hide and seek with me and can't stand being cooped up indoors for too long! Here's some photos of it, the closest thing I could come up with it being is either a Siberian or norweigan forest cat but even those look so different from it. I fully understand that I can't expect anyone to identify the breed but if you could send me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it

Pics:
Really pretty cat would be listed as a domestic- I think shorthair. He does look a bit like some Persian mixes I have seen though bc he doesn't have papers and would be a mix if anything he would not be considered any particular breed.

jaycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Really pretty cat would be listed as a domestic- I think shorthair. He does look a bit like some Persian mixes I have seen though bc he doesn't have papers and would be a mix if anything he would not be considered any particular breed.
Thank you for such a quick reply :D indeed I'm no cat expert but when this little guy showed up in the yard I had no doubt that he was something I have never seen before, little did I know he would be a little blessing. Truly an amazing cat by most standards, I don't think I've ever seen another cat with eyes quite like his but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for such a quick reply
indeed I'm no cat expert but when this little guy showed up in the yard I had no doubt that he was something I have never seen before, little did I know he would be a little blessing. Truly an amazing cat by most standards, I don't think I've ever seen another cat with eyes quite like his but I wouldn't have it any other way
Yes his eyes are why I think he may be part Persian. Here is a Persian look-a-like to your cat (http://static6.depositphotos.com/1125999/615/i/950/depositphotos_6158775-Persian-cat.jpg).

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Pics:
Domestic as he doesn't have papers, but I can see Persian in him..... I think he is a mix.....

jaycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In terms of the Persian aspect I'm beginning to see where your coming from but if there's any Persian in him he doesn't think so. He is quite the active and inquisitive kitty, climbing up everything and searching everywhere, almost always very active, from what I understand about Persians in general is that they are quite docile and lazy and not exactly lap cats, funny quirk is I wake up many times with this kitty trying to fall asleep on my face :) he has quite powerful looking hind legs, I don't know if that's a Persian trait or not but it certainly gives him the advantage at being an escape artist and a fantastic hide and seek competitor. Thank you both so much for your responses!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh he is gorgeous! I love those amber eyes. :love: He does look like he's got Persian in his ancestry, though obviously crossed with a livelier cat!

jaycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmm according to someone I have been talking to through messages he told me it looks like a young semi flat Persian cream/orange colored with a few odd traits, apparently I could expect him to get a more full coat during winter :D as he very much enjoys the outdoors. I'm glad you like him Pushylady :D he is a cutie and happy I could share this with you all and also learn about my cats background! The main thing is he's a happy cat so I'm a happy owner

Last edited:

amyf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! New here. I have had my babies for almost 4 years. My black and white, Sylvester, we got at 8 weeks and my black, Frack, we adopted from a neighbor that had to get rid of him so his age we're not sure but guessing 6-8. I always thought Sylvester was a polydactyl tuxedo domestic short-hair and Frack was half domestic medium hair/Maine Coon but my boyfriend saw a friend's full Maine Coon today and wasn't sure anymore. I would love some opinions. Sylvester has very thin short fur, its soft, shiny. Frack's fur is amazing, I've never had a cat with fur like his. Very, very soft, thick, longer than Sylvesters, his tail is very fluffy.

Sylvester
Frack 

Status
Not open for further replies.