What Breed is My Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have only seen one caramel in person, believe it was lilac based, tabby point.
Differently shaded to a normal lilac, and easy to see how those who dispute the DM could say it was just a bad lilac.

True colours can be hard to photograph, and then different again on people's monitors

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently got a new kitten and I'm not really sure what type of breed he is. I don't know if he's something different from a domestic longhair cat or not. It would be nice just to know what mix he is

Like the vast majority of cats he's just a domestic. Only around 3% of cats are pedigree breeds, and come from breeders with papers, likewise pedigree mixes' are also rare. 

mdpadgett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My little baby forbes. He is about 2 years old now or 1 and a half. Found him under an office building sitting on a brick and came right to the rescuers arms. Maybe the runt of the group? He's still a skinny little guy.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
. He looked a little evil in the last picture. Haha. Must have caught him at the wrong time.
This got me thinking.  Russian blue males, especielly the european Scandinavian variation, ARE supposed to look a little evil...  Although themselves they are very mild and friendly. although they can be a somewhat shy.  :)

It is a little skin fold above their eyes who makes them look so.

Looking at the pics, I wouldnt not spontaneously shrieked: this is a typical RB. But now when Im thinking RB, yes maybe a little look alike. Especielly the second picture!

So, a domestic short hair, ie moggie, but you can perhaps compare him to be a little look alike of a Russian blue...     (white on RB is counted as serious fault, a big no no for all showing, and in practice for breeding too.  And of course, the common american RB are rather smiling, not angry-looking)

Good luck!

socksy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I finally know what breed Hester is.  Evil eyes?  She's a Russian Blue!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My little baby forbes. He is about 2 years old now or 1 and a half. Found him under an office building sitting on a brick and came right to the rescuers arms. Maybe the runt of the group? He's still a skinny little guy.
Blue tabby domestic, no breed. Your photo shows the lovely mushroom pink undercoat that blue tabbies have

lisasmuts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Look, we all know in our hearts that our cats are moggies - but a little gentle speculation as to origins doesn't hurt does it?

Little G there likes to pretend he is part Maine Coone and part Turkish Van - it helps him cope with Big M's smugness about being a British Shorthair.  

Status
Not open for further replies.