What breed is my cat ? please help!

rizwan khalid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello people. My name is rizwan and i live in dubai. about a year ago i brought a cat from animal market. i purchased him. The shopkeeper didnt knew what breed he was he kept saying persian but i know he dosnt looks like a persian cat. i brought him when he was a month old and now hes a year old. i will post a picture of brownie (my cat) could you please help me find out what breed he is. thankyou

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rizwan khalid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yaa he does or can ours be a Maine Coon because they sort of have a "M" on their forehead . i am not an expert but i read online that Maine Coon's have a "M" on their forehead.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

yaa he does or can ours be a Maine Coon because they sort of have a "M" on their forehead . i am not an expert but i read online that Maine Coon's have a "M" on their forehead.
All tabby's have an "M" on their forehead. It isn't just a Maine Coon trait at all.

Your kitty is lovely but, not a Maine Coon.  It's facial structure is completely wrong for that breed.

He does have a Persian look to him, although I could not say exactly which kind - there are others here more qualified to answer that.  I'm sure someone will be here to have a look and comment.  

akhalili

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know about mine ,here in the middle east it is called "american shirazi" ,experts here say it is a cross breed between persian and american .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Its a misunderstanding, even spread by an american tv show.  As Sivyaleah said, all tabbies have that M, and very many Maine coons are tabbies, that is why they usually have the M....

I suppose you could say your beautiful cat is some sort of Shirazi Persian - they are quite common in Middle east, Pakistan. 

so the seller saying Persian was perhaps not so wrong.

He is of course no modern flat face show-type persian, but there are many other branhes on that tree - old type persian, doll face persian, shirazi persian...