What breed is my cat? Color?

Maraaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
so we recently got a cat. He is male and almost 6 months old. The previous owners could keep him because of personal reasons and told us they went to the vet and they told him he is a British short hair cat. But i dont think he resembles one. So maybe someone can help and also tell what his color is 😅 because he has so many different patterns. He has darker grey ears and spots around his eyes and a dark tail with stripes. On his back he is sand/beige colored and on his head. Also on his back spots are starting to show up. The colour also seems to get darker but we dont know if its just our imagination 😅. i dont know if there is enough information for you guys. I hope you can help me.

Greetings from Germany

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maraaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sry correction: the original owners could not keep him. And I forgot to mention that he has ear tufts not prominent but a little and his ears are slightly bend outwards

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello everyone,
so we recently got a cat. He is male and almost 6 months old. The previous owners could keep him because of personal reasons and told us they went to the vet and they told him he is a British short hair cat. But i dont think he resembles one. So maybe someone can help and also tell what his color is 😅 because he has so many different patterns. He has darker grey ears and spots around his eyes and a dark tail with stripes. On his back he is sand/beige colored and on his head. Also on his back spots are starting to show up. The colour also seems to get darker but we dont know if its just our imagination 😅. i dont know if there is enough information for you guys. I hope you can help me.

Greetings from Germany
He is a point of some sort! Seems at first glance to be seal and white. But he is possibly really a blue and white (and look further). He seems also to have the M on his forehead, so he is possibly a tabby (Lynx) too - but here Im not sure.

His eyes arent blue, or at best, very weakishly blue. And this pinpoints(!) his heritage closer still.

He is a combo of the siamese type point, and the burmese type point. Such kittens tend to darken up quite quickly. Not that visible with him, because he has much white on him.
These double point combo cats are seldom good blue eyed, because the burmese point doesnt carry blue eyes with it...
So, for me, this is the revealing poinpointing fact...

Body wise, he could be a slender british shorthair, there are such, especielly as young... So if its important for you to call him british shorthair, do so - even if he isnt typical.
Without papers, he will anyways always be counted as a domestic shorthair.

His double point heritage makes him unusual. Its not so rare once you know this happens and learn to recognize, still, its not the usual.

Darrian Lynx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sry correction: the original owners could not keep him. And I forgot to mention that he has ear tufts not prominent but a little and his ears are slightly bend outwards
Your kitty is amazing and beautiful! Take lots of pictures because he's one of a kind. I like what the other person said, though. His reply was refreshing and I second, it not that it matters, lol. I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful fur ball and I'm envious. He is regal and sacred. They all are but he's super dashing!
DLynx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maraaaa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your kitty is amazing and beautiful! Take lots of pictures because he's one of a kind. I like what the other person said, though. His reply was refreshing and I second, it not that it matters, lol. I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful fur ball and I'm envious. He is regal and sacred. They all are but he's super dashing!
DLynx
Thank you very much and sorry for the late reply 😓
yes we are very happy to have him. He is our precious baby and we are crazy about taking pictures with him 😂😂. many people ask us what kind of breed he is but we didnt know what to say. But now we know 😊