What breed is my 7 week old male kitten?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on your new kitten! Do you have a picture of him from the side? I'm having a little difficulty assessing his pattern from the front. He is a brown tabby Domestic Shorthair. I'm thinking he is probably in the classic (or bulls eye tabby pattern) as I can tell from his legs.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, he is a classic tabby. I'll attach a link to a website that shows a cat with this pattern... this is an article about Bengals, (I know that your kitty is not a Bengal, but hear me out!), just so you can get an idea of what the darker classic tabby pattern looks like. http://cfa.org/Breeds/BreedsAB/Bengal.aspx
Check out the picture of the cat with the green background, as well as the cat on the left banner with the grayish background. Tabby patterns are a mix of lighter and darker colors. Classic tabby patterns arranged in the "bullseye" shape, with darker "swirls", on a lighter background. Your kitty has more of these darker portions than lighter, if that explanation makes sense. Your kitty is so cute! I do hope to see more pictures of him around TCS, as he grows up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catthecatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I'll definetly be showing him more, he is ridiculously cute in my opinion. After a long (3min) discussion with the family, the new kitten's name is Nikolai, Niko for short! :)