What breed is Miss Dolly?

LEpace

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Dolly Parton, an estimated 5yr old RSPCA rescue and the absolute love of my life.

She was found as an emaciated stray, but her RSPCA papers guessed her as an Asian semi-long haired. Just wanted to know any others thoughts. She's incredibly timid in nature and not very trusting of anyone apart from me, I think perhaps this is more to do with her history rather than her genetic makeup.

I'd be keen to get a genetic test for her but they're super pricey! Does anyone have recommendations for cheaper alternatives? Enjoy the cute cat content 😻
IMG_20220201_095041.jpg

Thanks,
Me & Miss P x

Attachments

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LEpace LEpace
Gorgeous girl 🙂
I can see possible Ragdoll mixture in her face. Could be a mix with Ragdoll or one of the other fluffy breeds like Siberian or Norwegian. She does have interesting eyes as well as a beautiful coat.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a blue bicolour domestic longhair. Basepaws breed tests are a scam -- they admit their service isn't a breed test in their own small print, as most cats don't have significant breed ancestry. UC Davis has a cat ancestry test which *is* reputable, but it's not cheap, and can only detect breed if your cat has really significant ancestry with at least one pedigree parent, to my understanding. Even then, they blatantly state their service isn't a breed verification test. Enjoy your pretty girl :)

Here's a post from Lutece for more details: Help! What breed do you think my kitty is

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Better pic of the markings
She is so beautiful😻❤ I see some ragdoll there. Maybe forest cat too. Without papers she is a dlh blue bicolor. Look at that floof❤❤ Thanks for saving her💕