What breed is Luna?

theycallmefive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna was my first ever cat, and because of this I decided to adopt an older cat from the shelter, not a kitten. She was severely malnourished it the point that her ribs stuck out, and this caused stunted growth. Luna was weighing in at only a shocking (for her age and size) 6 pounds. She's now four years old and weighs closer to 13 pounds even though she hasn't grown an inch. She's maybe half a foot tall? She's rather small for a full grown, but she's chunky. :lol:
She's sweet, affectionate, and loyal, and talks all. day. long. She's a torbie with spots on her chest and striking green eyes, and I think she's positively beautiful. I was wondering what breed/breeds she might be?

renflox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your Luna is really cute, those eyes are gorgeous!

She's a lucky girl to have found a good home where she is loved :)

As of what breed she is, I don't think she is a breed cat, she looks like a regular domestic cat, the vast majority of shelter cats are domestics, of no breed ancestry.

mrcloverthecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna should probably be a tabby cat, which is basically where they have lots of stripes like that. It's highly possible she's a domestic short-hair, though.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, domestic with tabby as the pattern.  I dont see the sides clearly, I think she is striped, or mackerel tabby.

But a good photo on her side would be swell -  I may be wrong re the mackerel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theycallmefive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, her side and back are actually more tortoiseshell in pattern, that's why I classified her coat as "torbie". (Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong?) It's hard to get picture of her on her side though.... I can try!

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, perhaps a picture of her back/sides?

Tories are typically more blended in color, like a tortie, with the tabby stripes mixed in.

Based on the pictures currently available, I'm also going to go with Domestic Short Hair Tabby (and a very cute one at that!)