What breed is Clover?

mrcloverthecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been told he's a mix between a Copper point and a Flame point Siamese, and that he's also a mix between Siamese and Maine Coon. I've been told by someone else that he's just a Flame point and nothing else, but he doesn't look orange enough to me. 

The vet said he's probably three years old, and that he weighs 11 pounds.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrcloverthecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for taking so long to add the pictures; at first, I put them in the post and they didn't show. Then I used imgur to put them all in one link, and then imgur crashed. So, here's the link:  

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I havent never heard the name copper point.  I suppose they mean creme point, which is diluted red.  Or diluted flame, when we talk points.

And why mention  Maine Coon?  is he clearly bigger than most?

If you dont have papers nor proofs, and there are only just guesses and I think-ings, he really dont need to be any siamese at all, just two parents whom are carriers of the point gene... And voila, one of the kittens in the litter gets a point, often a siamese old type look alike.

Such happens for example now and then among the Russian Blues, because they used a couple of blue point siameses sixty years ago.  And yet, since fifty years, they dont use known point gene carriers in breeding programmes...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrcloverthecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Clover is a little bigger than most cats. I also think he's also medium haired - sometimes his cheeks will fluff out to make him look like a long haired.

He's a rescue from a coyote who had him in his mouth - they named him Clover because it means lucky, and I decided to keep his name :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Teh tail  aint no bushy, so he is shorthair.   Of course, a Maine Coon mixed out will usually immediately lose the long fur, as its recessive.

Anyway, without papers or solid proof, we get what we see, alike the acronyme in in some computer occasions.   Wisygs or  how they do spell it.

So Im not the least ironic, its just to like the situation, as the swedish proverb says.   And having such a lucky outcome, makes the luck double, both for the cat, and the new owner....

The high win already here and now"