What Breed Is Caoimhe?

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I came on this forum asking that same question when Caoimhe was only 3 mos old, and got many varied answers. Now she's 9 mos old and weighs about 10 lbs. I'm posting some more recent pics, hoping they'll help identify. She had striped legs, a spotted chest, brindle back. She's very soft, back legs are longer than front. Ears have black tufts, and toes have long tufts between them. Tail is long and bushy, and she often carries it flat across her back. Thank you.
20170806_132807.jpg
20170906_204540.jpg
20170817_181034.jpg

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure one of the experts will be along shortly to answer your question but I just wanted to say that with that gorgeous honey-colored fur and sweet face you have a real beauty there! :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The color game is very nice and richly saturated. Still, a combo of red and black I think makes her into a tortie, here + tabby, thus torbie.

As look alike breedwise? Probably Siberian.

Difficult to analyse, but one is certain: a true beautie, and sweet at that - not least super swet on the last pic!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg, yes ! I googled siberians and they look just like her! I think you both are right. She has two other qualities I should have mentioned, that might change things. First, and oddly enough, water rolls right off her. And secondly, she doesn't shed, despite the fact she's a total fur ball. Maybe that's just because she's still technically a kitten, but even after several days and a fine wire brush, all you get is a tiny amount of fuzz.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im beginning to think, her rich colors may be a golden shaded, here the golden shaded agouti..

These are supposed to have green eyes, but whom says she is of show quality?

Of course, IF she had green eyes it wouldnt help us much, because many torties have green eyes.

Anyways, IF she isnt tortie, so she may instead be golden shaded.

If there is a connection between golden shaded and torites, I dont know - possibly, but I dont know at this moment.

Ps. Siberians dont shreds much, and they manage waterdrops well - they DID started as an natural breed mainly living in the cold outside. Russian winters, you know. What Hitlers and Napoleons soldiers didnt like, cats got to manage., no?

Last edited:

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I disagree with the siberians don't shed much statement. LOL. I have big white puffs all over the house. you'd think a siberian HUSKY lived here. I can barely leave the house because EVERYTHING is covered in tibby fur. He hates being brushed but when I can brush or get a comb thru him tons comes up. he is also prone to arm pit mats. I haven't really had the opportunity to get him super wet but i'm also not sure I'd say that water floats off him.

can we see a profile pic of her? (and she is absolutely drop dead gorgeous! I love her)

I see what makes people say siberian but her body shape, tail and ears (those ears) and those paws remind me a lot more of my maine coon than my siberian. the double water proof coat is very NFC. my last NFC also didn't shed overly much except for very seasonally. he'd be nearly short hair in summer and then build up this magnificent coat in winter.

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Caoimhe doesn't shed much, alot less than my other cats did; but I have to say those downy tufts that kind of float around occasionally are particularly irritating when you inhale them! The first thing I noticed that was different about her (besides her back legs being longer than her front) was that water rolled off her back. My other cats didn't do that! I'm finding out new things about her everyday.

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BTW, I'll post a profile as soon as I can get one. She's always either sleeping or on the move, lol.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

with the long back legs I'm seeing a picture emerge of a nfc. does hte profile look like the nfc? maybe it's a mix of the three :) you should get her dna tested. :)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no idea what kind of kitty u have, I just ran across the thread and had to tell u she is gorgeous! Just a thought on the breed, have u thought rag doll? My mom has a mix of one that's huge and fluffy and all but their trait is flopping like a rag doll when picked up. Either way she's amazing and what a lovely girl u have!

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the nice compliments! I'd tell her, but she has enough of an attitude already. :p Nothing about her is floppy, though. She's large boned with pretty big paws, very solid built. Rag dolls are so sweet though!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

scuse the mess, our kitchen is under a long term rehab project. lol. but here are two profile shots of tibbs. he's purebred siberian. the profile is really different. I don't think it's a dead ringer for any of the three forest cats but it's closest to nfc imo.

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

scuse the mess, our kitchen is under a long term rehab project. lol. but here are two profile shots of tibbs. he's purebred siberian. the profile is really different. I don't think it's a dead ringer for any of the three forest cats but it's closest to nfc imo.
I love your countertops! I think I might take the advice given and get a DNA test done. She looks more solidly built than Tibbs, too. He's gorgeous, btw!

monster mousie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I've been so long away, but life certainly does have its ups and downs! Thank you all so much for your replies and opinions! Now that she has already lost her first winter coat (omg, tiny fluff balls all over!), here is a profile head shot. Thank you!
20180317_141021.jpg