TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

toastyeevee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PS! I think he is just a very rare calico....... i hope! 
Bye!~ Toasty

And, he looked like a hyimalayan when he was a kitten.

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  ,  Binx is a very striking Black and White Bicolor.    He has a great pattern. 

A Calico would also have orange patches and I don't see any of those on him.      so  don't think he is a rare male Calico.    Just a beautiful Bicolor. 

These are not 'breeds',   they are colors / patterns.    Cats aren't like dogs that are usually a breed or breed mix.   In cats the pedigree ones are only around 3% of owned cats.  There's been much less human control over cats breeding;  most of them have just bred randomly on their own and come from a mix of genes from the general cat population in their part of the world.   These random-bred cats  ( known as "Domestic Shorthairs" or  "Domestic Longhairs")  come in a wonderful variety of colors and patterns, and shapes and sizes.  It's usually not even possible to tell if they might have some breed in them.      Really it is more the other way round.  The breeds have been developed by selectively breeding some cats from the random-bred populations in different areas.  

I definitely don't see any Himi / Persian look to Binx now .  Maybe you just mean that as a kitten he had a fluffier looking coat like kittens often do. 

Right now ,  his conformation is definitely not round headed and cobby bodied like a Persian  ( which includes Himalayans  -- they are just Persians with a colorpoint pattern).    it's almost a little bit toward the other direction,  he looks like he has a head that is slightly longer than average   .  

but it would be very hard to know for sure his ancestry. . 

He is just his own unique self,   and    I think he is a very very handsome cat.  

Is he a smart cat?   He has a sort of wise expression.  :-) 

toastyeevee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  ,  Binx is a very striking Black and White Bicolor.    He has a great pattern. 

A Calico would also have orange patches and I don't see any of those on him.      so  don't think he is a rare male Calico.    Just a beautiful Bicolor. 

These are not 'breeds',   they are colors / patterns.    Cats aren't like dogs that are usually a breed or breed mix.   In cats the pedigree ones are only around 3% of owned cats.  There's been much less human control over cats breeding;  most of them have just bred randomly on their own and come from a mix of genes from the general cat population in their part of the world.   These random-bred cats  ( known as "Domestic Shorthairs" or  "Domestic Longhairs")  come in a wonderful variety of colors and patterns, and shapes and sizes.  It's usually not even possible to tell if they might have some breed in them.      Really it is more the other way round.  The breeds have been developed by selectively breeding some cats from the random-bred populations in different areas.  

I definitely don't see any Himi / Persian look to Binx now .  Maybe you just mean that as a kitten he had a fluffier looking coat like kittens often do. 

Right now ,  his conformation is definitely not round headed and cobby bodied like a Persian  ( which includes Himalayans  -- they are just Persians with a colorpoint pattern).    it's almost a little bit toward the other direction,  he looks like he has a head that is slightly longer than average   .  

but it would be very hard to know for sure his ancestry. . 

He is just his own unique self,   and    I think he is a very very handsome cat.  

Is he a smart cat?   He has a sort of wise expression.  :-)
Well thats nice, i have been waiting a long time to see what type of cat he is. ive had him for 8 years, but thanks for the imformation! And ill tell him that you think hes really smart! XD Thank you Maekaew, ToastyEevee and Binx HAVE A GREAT DAY!

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I  do like that handsome Binx!        he does look a bit long muzzled.  maybe he has a little Siamese back there somewhere.    (  Or maybe i am just saying that since I think he looks smart!)   I love that picture of him looking at the camera.   I hope  you have many more happy years with Mr. Binx. 

toastyeevee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you!!! ^.^

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
PS! I think he is just a very rare calico....... i hope!
Nay, as said before: Calico = tortoise with white.

But you are perhaps thinking on Tuxedo - if you compare the black on his back to an overcoat, a tuxedo sort of.

Yes, I suppose you can call him for tuxedo-patterned.

toastyeevee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is binx's 9th birthday! He's taking a nap beside me!!! how cute...

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Happy 9th Birthday to Binx!  

Dear Binx,  I hope your next 9 years are even better if possible!