What breed? Got told half maine coon but cant see it?

AcaciaAmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got a kitten that was supposedly rejected by his mum at 4 weeks 3 days I took him on at 6 weeks and he is now 11 weeks I was told his mum is a blue mainecoone but she didn't look as big as maine coons do he has a tabby like pattern to him and I think he maybe a tabby mix from dad but can't work out if mum is a maine coon he's short haired my mum has his sister a she is fluffy but isn't the colour of them first picture is bluey's (my kitten) mum 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th pic is my kitten bluey and 6th is my mums kitten bluey's sister

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Not all Maine Coons are huge. However, I don't see any distinctive Maine Coon features in mama cat. It looks like you have an adorable DSH with a brown mackerel tabby pattern.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know but I am in love with them all! I have some kitties that a Maine Coon was linked to Several mom cats, lots of mixed breeds interacting. Some looked like full Maine Coon and others looked nothing like them but I knew there were some genes in there. Genetics are funny the way they can be lost visually or leave small clues. Fluffy is a Maine Coon quality but fluffy isn’t necessarily Maine Coon. Some of the kittens I had here developed to look more like the Dad as they got older and some looked less! Lol Two of the kittens are very vocal now that they are grown. One sings to herself a lot! Visually, you would never know. Her brother either. One that I raised and adopted out looks more Maine Coon now! He had a little fluff when he was young but now he has the most gorgeous mane! Fluff and great wide paws. He is vocal and he became a very large cat. You just never know but, they are beautiful whatever the genetics. I call my breed, Love cats. Yours fits that breed 100%.
Baby fluff that I mentioned.
992F2F49-924B-4BD6-AAC9-6CD5EC7BF056.jpeg

All grown up! Maine Coon? Love…. Yes.
E8748704-1AFC-45BD-9316-4582FE05F312.jpeg

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tabby is just a coat pattern, not a breed, by the way. Many breeds come with tabby variations, as do domestics (aka "no breed").

It's most likely whoever you got him from just used Maine Coon to try and get people to take the kittens/sell them for more money. Or (like many owners) they think their fluffy/tabby/large/what-have-you cat must be a stray Maine Coon.

The mum doesn't look like a Maine Coon to me and the kitten definitely doesn't.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think he looks MC but he is def longhair now and a beauty cutie 😻 He looks like, a blue, maybe, mackerel tuxedo from some pics.he looks like he has some forest cat in him though. 😀

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope no MC. Everyone thinks that cats have to have a breed in them and the reality is most are just farm kitty descendants, no breeds. Just a cute dsh grey tabby :) I hope the owner of the mom/sister fixes them.