What breed does my kitty look like

Tillyandmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a pure grey female she is around 7-8 months old now and only 2.2kg in weight (she's only little) but for some strange reason her autumnal colour coat has given her a raccoon looking tail as you will see in the last photo, she looks quiet comical

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a blue (cat fancy name for grey) American shorthair to me (assuming you live in the US). Without any papers, she'd have to be called a domestic shorthair.

You put a fake tail behind her for the picture, didn't you? Actually, some stripes on an otherwise solid cat is a quite normal occurence. Your kitty seems to have a bit more of it in one spot than would be expected. Cat coloring isn't always cut and dried; their colors occur on a continuum, which sometimes confuses people when they try to say what color a cat is. I know I get puzzled quite often.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tillyandmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is 100% her tail lol she was all the same colour when we got her but as her coat is getting thicker her tail has started to go raccoon colour it's comical because it doesn't look like it belongs to the rest of her body 🤣🤣

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty blue domestic with ghost markings on her tail, they generally fade when older. I’m not seeing a resemblance to any breed