Kitten
Purraise
Sorry some of them are dupes lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
domestic, probably LONGHAIR, DLH, red classic tabby. As sweet as they can be! :)

All reds have tabby markings, so its sometimes difficult to see for sure if its solid red with ghost markings, or if its red tabby for real.

Your girls (boys?) markings are quite distinct, stronger than many a ghost markings. But above all, she has also the typical tabby secondary signs; ie whitish around eyes and white around mouth. Thus, I do think she is a classic tabby for real.
So, she doesnt carry a true white spot gene (unless she is also white around paws or elsewhere), this white on her chin is essentially just a proof she is a tabby.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCatKaty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aaaah thank you Stefan, when I got him I thought he was a mix with Tabby and Maine Coon lol with his furry paws underneath and his furry chest

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aaaah thank you Stefan, when I got him I thought he was a mix with Tabby and Maine Coon lol with his furry paws underneath and his furry chest
Ouch, I was too hasty concetrating to descriping the colors and patter, the male kitten is probably a longhair... Its not just kitten fuzziness, the tail is relatively bushy...

KittyCatKaty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol yes I've never seen a tail so bushy before!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Btw, Tabby isnt a breed, its a pattern, a quite common pattern both among moggies and among purebreds. They have usually the renown M on forehead.
Then we have several tabby patterns; the classic as your boy seems to have, the striped "mackerel" (which is really older than the classic, the spotted, and the ticked (no visible markings on the body, but the legs and shoulders are striped).
Tabby is a dominant gene, so its enough with one gene in the gene pair, for the cat be be a tabby.
While for example, pointed cats need both pointed genes to be a point ("siamese-mix").

Gene for shorthair is likewise dominant, while gene for longhair is recessive, alike the point gene.
So your boy got longhair gene both from momma and daddy...

MCO are very often tabbies, but its not mandatory for them.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous 😻 He looks like a dlh red classic tabby yo me with possible forest cat ancestry. He has that triangle nfc type face. Other kitty looks like a dsh blue tuxedo, such a beauty too who has those poses down 😀

KittyCatKaty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is gorgeous  He looks like a dlh red classic tabby yo me with possible forest cat ancestry. He has that triangle nfc type face. Other kitty looks like a dsh blue tuxedo, such a beauty too who has those poses down 
haha ye they love the attention