What Breed Does My Cat Resemble

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OLDROSE

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 11 months old and weighs 8 1/2 lbs. She has long tufts of fur coming out of her paws and chirps more than meows. A very long body and bushy tail, looking to me as part Maine Coon or part Norwegian Forest cat. So sweet and very friendly. I rescued her when she was 10 weeks old from a shelter.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! She is beautiful! Looks like a painting. Mine is mixed Egyptian Mau. She has the facial features and personality. Also her meow is different. Can't figure out how to post her video

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OLDROSE OLDROSE - To be honest, she hasn't the muzzle breadth to suggest Maine Coon heritage, and her round facial structure seems much more in keeping with Siberians. Add to that her sheer size, and that vast, stunning tail, and I'd put my money on Siberian ancestry more than on Norwegian Forest Cat genes. Do you have a straight-on photo of her face? She's absolutely glorious.

By the way - welcome to TCS!

OLDROSE

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OLDROSE OLDROSE - To be honest, she hasn't the muzzle breadth to suggest Maine Coon heritage, and her round facial structure seems much more in keeping with Siberians. Add to that her sheer size, and that vast, stunning tail, and I'd put my money on Siberian ancestry more than on Norwegian Forest Cat genes. Do you have a straight-on photo of her face? She's absolutely glorious.

By the way - welcome to TCS!
Thank you so much.

OLDROSE

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG! She is beautiful! Looks like a painting. Mine is mixed Egyptian Mau. She has the facial features and personality. Also her meow is different. Can't figure out how to post her video
Thank you so much

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OLDROSE OLDROSE - Here her face seems a bit more triangular. Typically, NFCs show a clearly-defined facial structure - here's my own little Bob:

bobclose.jpg

a shade larger than the average Norwegian at just over 16 kg and 112 cm nose-to-tail, but he's also fully grown (and NFCs will continue to grow, right through their fifth full year) and male, compared to your lovely girl of eleven months.

abyeb abyeb sabian sabian mightyboosh mightyboosh @stefanz @thefiresidecat - what thoughts?

OLDROSE

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG Just gorgeous. Just adore the amazing eyes. I do believe you are right on as far as Siberian but will post a better picture when I can. Again, I value your expertise and anilization of the breed. Just love the looks of the ruff and bushy tail. Thanks again.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oldrose, your kitty is gorgeous! I think Siberian is the best comparison, as she has a round head instead of the more triangular shape of a Norwegian Forest Cat or the more square head and wide muzzle of a Maine Coon.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and abyeb abyeb on Siberian ancestry more so than anything else. She has such a strong/large chin in your original post, bottom pic from the side and her face seems to have a more pouty look to it. Makes me wonder if maybe a small percentage of Persian, British Long Hair or something along that lines isn't there also. Siberians usually don't have that pronounced of a chin. That's has me scratching my head. It could just be pic angles though. From all the other indicators I do think she is dominate Siberian though. I would like to see a few more pics of her standing from the side and a little more alert. She's a very pretty girl!